Chapter 14: The missing pieces

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary)

By the time everyone was up and alert it was 3:00 pm. And we were very hungry. Amaan's eyes were red and puffy as fuck. Too bad, he was too good looking for those kinda things. Neel had a goodnight's sleep. I could tell when he slept well and when he din't. When I first saw him yesterday night it looked as if he hadn't slept in ages.

We ordered a medium pizza for each of us with fries and coke. And we all settled down in the drawing room. A few of us on the sofa a few on the ground. All nice and comfy.

"Story time guys." Arjun says and sits down next to me.

"I was practically raised by Raghav and Aayesha. My Father knew them, he assigned them to train me as he was too busy to be bothered by me. This was long ago. Now, six months back, Mr. Qureshi was the colonel of the Phantom team, I worked for him, there is one team of 5 that is a sleeping cell of highly trained agents, who come in the picture only when all the members of The phantom team are dead. I was Mr. Qureshi's unofficial second in charge. As of now, after his death, Aalia was made the colonel as per his wishes. Which no one was made aware about."

All eyes turn to me, obviously.

"I am sorry guys but Protocols. I was just told to stay in touch with Mr. Bhatia as the colonel rest all will be handled by somebody else. I was just a dummy." I say.

"Yes indeed. I handled all the on ground duties while she did all the online duties. And now we need to make a foolproof plan to bring that monster down. Anyone got ideas?" Arjun asks.

"We have questions." Aarth says.

"Yes kid? Ask." he replies.

"Why does it matter so much to you? Bringing Mr. Bhatia down? Aarth replies.

"Well apart from being Loyal to my country, I have some personal vengeance to attend to." Arjun was staring at the ground while saying this, I just noticed he has never looked Aarth in the eye while speaking to him.

He looks at him,"I was there. I was there when Bhatia killed your parents, on that bridge. His men forced me out of the car a..and it rained bullets that night. I couldn't do anything."

"Tell me everything." I whisper.

He takes a deep breath visibly pained to remember the fateful night.

"We were on the run, Bhatia had told Raghav about his plan and he was behind us, to kill us. We were in Kerala at that time. It was raining very heavily. We got an Intel that he had reached Kerala with his men and knew where we were hiding. So we took a car and left, We reached a bridge of the Vembanad river which would lead us to Tamil Nadu. But he was smart, Raghav's friend who had tipped us about the danger was the one to give our location away. we were trapped from both the sides of the bridge. He said he wasn't going to hurt us, So we complied and I got out of the car. As soon as I got out his men gave me a Para 54 injection and blasted bullets towards the car. I could do anything. I am so sorry Aalia, Aarth and Amaan. I could do nothing to protect your family. I could not save the people who raised me like their own." I see a tear trickle down his face. He wipes it off. Para 54 is an injection which when given can paralyze a person for a few hours. Para 54 is a full body paralysis. we have injections only for the hands or legs or other parts of the body too.

"I knew about his plan, but even if I told anyone, no one would believe me and even if they did I did not have proofs. I dint know what they had done with the bodies after they took me from there. I dint have any proof regarding what his plans were. Besides after what Raghav's friend did, I couldn't trust anybody. So he knew I was harmless" He takes a deep breath and continues.

"But he knew Raghav might have told something about it to your father, but he did not want to kill him. After two years your father started investigating  and came across a few things. Bhatia then got them killed too, his initial plan was to kill you both too but since that din't happen and you both were given secret identities and all. Bhatia figured he would start anew and make Raghav's sister commit the crime which he had not agreed to. You see how twisted he is? He wants to make you the pawn."

"Who was that friend?" I ask

"Oh don't worry, He has been taken care of long back. I killed him as soon as I was out of the curfew." he answers.

Some things became clear as this new information started sinking in.

"Was she pregnant?" I ask in a low voice. Aayesha's laughing face flashed across my eyes.

"What? Who? Aayesha? No she wasn't. who told you that?" Arjun asks confused.

"That sick bastard. He wants to break us mentally, emotionally in every way possible." Anger seething inside me, bursts just as the million firecrackers on the 4th of july.

"I will Kill him." I say.

"But we don't have a plan yet neither a lead." Amaan finally speaks up.

"I have something for you, Al." Neha says and remove a small pen drive from her pocket.

"If anything, this will only stall him for a while. This contains all the information about our weapons, allies, agents, everything important that he wishes to sell to the ITG. And this is the only copy." Neha says proud of herself.

"Thanks Nuts." I call her by her pet name, she was nuts.

"SO whats the POA now?" Punit asks.

"Is that the only thing you can ask?" I ask

"welllll You are the leader here." He replies sheepishly.

"I think we should go through the file first." Arjun replies

"Yes and start some hardcore training for some hardcore ass kicking." I reply.

Arjun gets up. "I need to be alone for a while."

"One question Arjun." Neha asks in a flirty way, if that is even possible.

"Yes Neha?" he replies which obviously makes her feel good that he remembers her name.

" I have two actually. First, You never told me your full name..."

"Ive got to see if it suits", I hear Rhea whisher and both the girls start giggling.

"...And second would you like some company while you are alone?"

Arjun's eyes quickly swipe past me and back towards Neha.

"Umm thanks for offering, but I would love to be alone for a while. And my Full name is Arjun Nikhil Bhatia." He says, turns around and disappears into the dark passageway.