Of Doctors and Warnings

Chapter Fifty-Eight:

"I assume this is your first check-up?" Izami shook her head slightly, and then looked at the masked man. He had yet to even drop his robe, which unnerved Izami, but she said nothing about it.

"Um, no. Back in the Leaf I had someone check up on me, but it was only once. Since then, this is my first."

"Ah, you had the Hokage check on you?" Izami paused, caught off guard by his comment. Izami cleared her throat again, and shook her head.

"No. It was her..Apprentice." The man nodded, and then glanced back at Izami.

"Is this your first child?"

"Yes."

"I'll just get an ultrasound real fast, and then I can answer any questions you have. If you can just lay back, I'll start the ultrasound." Izami nodded, scooted back, laid down on the hospital-like bed, and moved up her shirt, exposing her abdomen. Izami watched Shin carefully as he smeared clear jelly on her stomach, and began the ultrasound. Izami watched the screen with careful eyes." Your baby has a very strong heartbeat. It's going to be strong."

"Can you tell me the gender?" Izami glanced at the doctor, and then back at the screen with careful eyes. Shin glanced at the screen, and then back at Izami, and back again.

"It's a bit early to clearly say anything, but from the looks of it...It's going to be a boy." Shin sounded almost ecstatic for a moment, and then cleared his throat. Izami grinned."Well, I think this part is over with. I'll hand you a towel to clean that jelly off, and then I can begin the real examination."

"The real examination?" Izami questioned as the doctor turned his back to put up the equipment.

"Well, yes. All about what you can expect, and all that." Izami nodded, and took the towel he offered to her, and wiped off the jelly. She moved her shirt down, and then looked up at the doctor.

Shin began getting some herbs together, and mixing them together. Izami watched him carefully. Eyes watching every move he made, as if he were some dangerous animal.

"So...You travel around alot?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes. Quiet a bit. The last war made me lose my entire business back home, so I've been traveling. Getting customers, and doing what I can to get by."

"Why didn't you stay home?"

"It was completely obliterated."

"Oh." Izami looked down at her feet awkwardly.

"Drink this." Izami looked back up with a hard look on her face as she eyed the red liquid in the clear cup." It's a special mix. Children born between two different clans with distinct blood-line traits sometimes have the risk of developing deformities. This mix helps smooth things along so that doesn't happen." Izami nodded slowly, and drank the liquid." Now, the father is...Sasuke Uchiha...Am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Hmm..." Izami paused, narrowing her green eyes at Shin." Interesting. Is he doing any good?"

"Why? You know him?"

"Not personally, but it wasn't that long ago that he was a criminal."

"And he's since been fully pardoned."

"Right. I didn't mean to offend." Izami shrugged, and looked off to the side."Well, let's continue on." Izami looked at the doctor, and nodded.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hikaru sighed heavily as he looked at the phone for perhaps the tenth time since Izami had first entered the examination room. He was seated in the first room, so he couldn't hear anything that was being said. He was starting to get bored. Fast.