Chapter 24: Unexpected Disaster

AN:

Well now you're expecting it coz of the title.

Anyway...

Warnings!

Um... Er... I wanted to warn you guys but I don't wanna spoil it either.

But considering you've made it this far into the story, I guess you already know what to expect.

You're probably going to be fine.

Probably...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Chapter 24: Unexpected Disaster

Third POV

"Achoo!"

Geno sneezed and Reaper was instantly by his side. Checking his temperature by touching his forehead, cheeks and arms. The god of death doesn't want Geno to catch a cold.

It was cute how Reaper immediately reacts to Geno's slightest discomfort.

Sans stopped mid throw and looked over at the couple. Just as then, a snowball hit him in the face. But he ignored it and kept his eyes fixed on them

"Geez, you're freezing!" Reaper said, took off his cloak and draped it over the smaller skeleton's shoulders. Geno gripped it tighter around his body and covers his nearly frozen exposed arms.

Sans couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. As much as he wanted to snatch Geno away from the grim reaper, he can't. He has no right.

The snowball fell from his limp hand and dropped on the snow-covered ground. It crumbled... Just like his world.

Ink was watching. He saw the hopelessness and defeat in Sans' eyes and realized that Sans was hurting a lot more than he was actually showing. He felt bad for him. Ink hoped Sans wouldn't do anything reckless like kill himself or something. He should probably talk to him.

"Come on, let's get you inside." Reaper wrapped an arm around Geno as he lead him back inside the house. Ignoring Frisk who was booing in the background.

Frisk wanted to play more with Geno. But there's no way she's going to confront the god of death. Her gaze landed on Sans who was standing still and staring at the couple walking away. She smirked.

She bent down to pick up a handful of snow, squeezed them into a ball and aimed at Sans. The snowball hit Sans in the face.

Sans sighed tiredly, shrugging off the snow. "Come on kid, game is over. Let's go back inside." Sans began walking away as well without even waiting for the human child's reply.

Frisk was utterly disappointed. She folded her arms over her chest and huffed in annoyance. But since she has no one to play with anymore, she has no choice but to follow.

Before Sans could enter the house, Ink put a hand on his shoulder. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Sans nodded. Faking a smile and shoving his hands in his pockets. Frisk went ahead and entered the house. Not paying attention to them.

Upon entering the house, she saw Geno curled up on the couch with the grim reaper's cloak wrapped tightly around his body. Said grim reaper was surprisingly nowhere to be found.

Her disappointment melted instantly, replaced by worry as she quickly went by his side. "Are you okay?" Suddenly feeling guilty for not listening to his protest about going outside.