First Day.

Oh god! I am late. I need to be on time it's my first day at work. It's already 9: 15 and I have to reach till 10 o'clock sharp.

Somehow I made it. Soon I headed towards my cabin... Now problem is where is my cabin in this huge work place. Again I need help... Like why the hell I am so confused as I enter this place. Then moments later I saw someone approaching me with big steps.
'G'morning Ms Smith, I am your assistant, Daniel'
Then he must be introducing himself. But I didn't paid any attention to it. Yeah, I know I am rude. But I was busy with my load which I was carrying portfolios, stationary box, and other art materials.
I just said to him.
'will you be kind enough to help me up with my load. Get these things in my cabin'
' sure ma'am, I am here to guide you to your cabin.' he said politely.

After walking up to a distance, he said
' from here we need to take a lift'
I asked him.
'on which floor is my cabin.'
'10th' he simply replied while doing with the lift buttons.

My heart skipped a beat. As if I missed a stair while climbing down on them. It's the same floor.
But keeping myself strong I spoke to myself 'do as you have decided to.'
God! Why is it so difficult?

Being strong I headed towards my cabin. I asked Daniel about Ethan. He spoke all good, of course. He added he will return from Los Angeles within a week. Then you might get a chance to meet him.

I ordered for a leave form. Daniel looked stunned.
'But you just joined for your work. How can you go on a leave.' he said in a very straight forward manner.
Fury was still burning deep inside me. I am still in a search of a reason why Ethan didn't turned up that day. When he was suppose to.
' I don't want you to forget who is serving whom. You are my secretary. If your boss can skip a meeting which is not less important and go having a chill in LA I can't help with my decision. And aren't you aware of the fact that I am an artist a very known artist who puts up exhibition from time to time. So, I have to put up one, tomorrow itself... '
After such a long lecture, he bought me a form. I filled it for my 2 weeks holiday.
While I handed over my work to Daniel, I said sorry to him. He was not at fault. He is a sweet American boy who just got his job.

' Look Daniel I am really SORRY for what I just said. I hope you can understand when you are trying to meet someone and at the last moment you come to know that they won't be able to meet you because they are on a vacation, having the time of their life.' I spoke to him with regret filled in my voice.
There was a forced smile on his face and said.
' it's okay ma'am. '
In friendly way I said you can call me Elle. And gave him my number so he can make a direct approach to me when needed.
While I was leaving I heard a voice.
' good luck for your art gallery, Elle.'
It was Daniel. I smiled at him and said thanks.

Next day in the exhibition something unexpected happened. And I was filled with regret.