one

a/n: I picture Arabella as Kaya Scodelario theres a picture on the side :)

I woke up to the loud knocks on my bedroom door. With all my strength, I stood up from my bed and made my way to the door. I opened it to reveal an angry woman that I happen to know as my mom.

"Arabella, I've told you a thousand times that you're not supposed to lock your door." She said while opening my curtains and grabbing the brush to untangle my hair.

"I-I'm sorry mom.. I heard noises outside of my door last night so I-I locked my door to keep myself safe."

"Did you take your pills last night?"

"Yes mom," I'd like to not take my pills, but I have to. They make me feel calmed and safe. When you're a schizophrenic person, it's hard to tell sometimes what's real and what's not.

"Then it was probably just the wind, it was pretty chilly last night."

"No mom, I know what I heard! You just don't understand!" I yelled at my mom. She didn't even flinch, she's used to my sudden behavior. She doesn't get that there's something outside to get me. I know it's true.

"Calm down honey, nobody will hurt you." She sat down next to me and brought me to her arms, making imaginary circles on my back to calm me down, "now let's get you dressed so we can eat breakfast and then take you to your daily therapy." I nodded and headed to my closet.

.,.,.,.,.

I waited in the waiting room to see Dr. Chelsea, my psychiatrist. Her last name is Matthews, but I've been visiting her since I was first diagnosed with schizophrenia, so we know each other very well now. I hear the door open, a patient is exiting her office with a straight face. I hope this patient is okay, she doesn't seem happy.

"Arabella Nichols?" I hear Dr. Chelsea say. I quickly stand up and make my way to her office. She receives me with a warm smile and asks me to take a seat.

"You look lovely today Bells!" Dr. Chelsea says. I like the nickname she has for me. She says I'm her favorite patient since I'm always trying to cooperate with her.

"T-thank you." I shyly say and blush a little.

"So, how have you been feeling?" She takes out a pen and a notebook to write down my feelings and what I say that she feels it's important.

"I've been feeling okay." I said while playing with the stress ball she always has for me. I like it because it helps my stress.

"I'm glad to hear that. How are things with your mom?"

"Well I umm.. I yelled at her today." I mentally scold myself because I shouldn't have done that.

"I see, why did you yell at her?"

"B-because she didn't believe me."

"What didn't she believe?"

"I heard strange noises last night..."

"Okay." She looks down at her notebook and starts writing down. I'd like to see what she wrote.

"So, remember how in our last session I told you to make some friends?" She looks up at me again with a bright smile.

"Yeah" I nervously say. People make me really nervous and treat me like I'm a weird living thing, so I don't see the point of making some friends if they're so mean to me.

"How did that go?"

"I-i.. I didn't make any."

"How so?" She tilts her head to the side.