Chapter 30: Show time

MACKENZIE'S POV

I drive home and park my car. I get out and walk inside.

"How was it?" Ari asks me looking down at a book.

"It was ok, and what are you doing?" I ask kicking my shoes off and walking over to her.

"I'm reading."

"What! Since when did you read! You hate reading so much, that you refused to look at the books that the college provided for us. You would NEVER study cause that means you would have to read."

"Ya I know. But this is different."

I take the book from her and read the cover.

"Egghead?" I question the title.

"Ya! It's by this really funny comedian names Bo Burnham!" Se tells me.

"Oh my god. Your obsessed with that guy! Isn't Louis a little jelous?"

"No! Why would he! I love Louis! I would never leave him and he knows that."

"Ok! Calm your self!" She laughs and finally looks up from her book. She puts a giraffe print book mark on her page.

"So... when is your gig?" Ari asks me.

"In 2 days."

"That's super early! Are you gonna be ready!?"

"Of course! I've got my song picked out and I'm ready to go!"

"Alright sounds good! What song are you gonna do?"

"Human by Cristina Perri."

"Ooo nice! I like that song!"

"Haha me too." I walk up stairs to my room and plop on my bed. I text Niall all the details about my auditions. He text me back and I grow sleepy. I put my phone down on my table next to my bed. I slowly drift off the sleep.

***

"Mackenzie!" I hear Ari yell. I open my eyes and sit up.

"What?" I say yawning.

"I haven't heard from you on 6 hours!"

"What! what do you mean! What time is it!"

"It's 9pm! You came home and fell asleep around 3pm! I thought you does up here or something!"

"Wow! Didn't know I took that long of a nap."

"Are you feeling ok?"

"Ya I'm completely fine. I'm just nervous and excited for my big day."

"Ya. I wish you good luck!"

"Haha thanks."

"No problem. I made a pizza if you want some."

"Alright I'll be down in a minute."

Ari nods and walks out. I pick up my phone and check the time.

"Wow it really is 9pm." I say to myself. I get up and walk to the kitchen. I smell the pizza in the air as she pulls it out of the oven. She places it on the counter and pulls out the ranch from the fridge. She sets it on the counter next to the pizza. We eat our pizza and crack some jokes. After we eat we sat on the couch and watched Adventure time. 11:30pm rolled around and I head up to bed. I check my phone real quick for anything. I get under my blanket and tuck myself in. I soon fall asleep. I wake to my alarm at 6:00am. I get up and do my usual every morning stuff. I drive off to school with my coffee. I park and head to class. Today was an extra boring day. All we did was learn what to do and what not to do at our auditions. I get home and see Ari reading her book again.