PROLOGUE

How do you see your life? There are diverse answers to this question as there are people in this world. Some would say life is a rollercoaster, a bed of roses, a journey, a stage and even a symphony.

Others compare life to a carousel; sometimes you are up or down and other times you just go round and round. Or a game of cards where you play the hand you were dealt with.

"How do i picture life?" I asked myself.
The events of my life as they unfold made me see life from a different perspective. I now see life as a test, trust and a temporary assignment for we all were created for a purpose.

A character is developed by test and all of life is a test. God constantly watches our response to all around us included adversaries though some test can be overwhelming.

The stark-filled Streets of Oshodi with its busy occupants is the perfect scenery for crime.
On a dark cold Friday night, a seventeen-year-old girl was raped while her sixteen year old brother was made to watch as rage and vengeance filled his sombre eyes. Two hefty men held him on both sides of his arm as he futilely kicked and struggle to free himself in order to help his sister who was been abused on the hard stony floor a few feet from him.

She kicked and fought with all her strength but those just weren't enough. "Please don't do this to me! I plead with you in God's name let me go! Please!!" Her plead only fell on rocky ground for they tightened their grip on her as one part her legs open and the other pinned her hands down. I plead with you in whatever you believe in let me go. I would not report if you let me go now. Think of my as your sister and......."

"Would you just keep quiet for a minute and stop panicking. What has my sister got to do with these and who cares about the police". The one who seem like the boss replied. "As for your God, better pray harder for Him to come down and leave a sacrificial lamb like He did in the days of Abraham for only then will I let you go."

"How dare you challenge God?" I voiced out. Each words were filled with dangerous venom begotten from anger and disgust. They seemed to be taken aback by this for a while so I continued. "Let me go now so that your case won't be like that of pharaoh who refused to allow the children of God to go. At the end God punished him and his warriors even their chariots was included"

"Hahaha.. " the boss laughed out loud waking the rest out of their reverie as they joined him in laughing. "What century was that?" The boss asked amidst laughter. 2000 years ago? Oh no sowie I forgot it's even BC and not A.C. Besides who wants to miss having a virgin for a change." He laughed out wickedly. "Now I will give you a brotherly advice like the sister you claim to be and ask you to keep still so that we can have a good ride." His mouth now curved into a satisfactory grin. I just pity him.

Despite his 'brotherly' advice, she did not relent in kicking and screaming for help. This irritated the men and they result to physical assault causing her skin to redden and twitch under their itching palm. This exercise drained her body of energy and the willpower to fight. Her wails are all but a whimper now.

"She must be tired of fighting against those men. Please don't be tired sis." He thought to himself. "Don't give them the chance to have their way. Keep strong and fight with all you've got because you just need to hang on a little more. I'm coming soon to rescue you from those evil men and prevent them from defiling you."

"Please hang on a little! I am coming for you!" he yelled trying to convince himself more than anyone else that he could do it. He placed all his hope on God as he screamed and called for help within for he knew God would not leave his children to suffer like this. Help is surely on the way. "Just a little bit!" he assured this time he was convinced and more determined but his voice was met with a piercing cry of agony from his sister.

"please save me!"she cried out to all within hearing distance As she garnered her strength and began to fight off the guy inside her, earning fits of laughter from the two guys holding Eugene. He could feel her pain but his helplessness hurts him more. Even if he never shows it, he loves his sister so much. She was his star, his model, her radiating light illuminates the world.

"God why me! I looked up to the hills but from whence cometh my help!" she cried out with all her strength causing his heart to shatter. The men holding him suddenly got distracted so he seized the golden opportunity.