Standing Up For What You Believe In Chapter Three

-Marley-

I take the knife and slowly open it. I haven't cut since Deanna poured milk all over my head and I ran the whole way home, with the sticky chocolate running down my face. I take the knife and take a deep breath. I slowly push it into my skin as blood streams down my arm and on the floor. "Crap crap crap." I say grabbing a towel and sitting on the blood stain.

I slowly but surely carve a new word into my arm.

Love.

-Justin-

I quietly sit on my bed as memories fill my head. How is Marley doing right now? Does her mother still abuse her? Does she even live in the same house? I swing my feet off my bed and grab a jacket and Supras. I head down the stairs and holler to my mom, "I'm taking a walk, I'll be back in an hour or so." She turns around and shoots me a smile. "Okay honey. I love you, see you then." I nod my head and walk out the door.

I start to take the very familiar path down Maple Street. I turn left and see a two story, light brown house. It always looked so homey on the outside, but there was a whole new story on the inside. I walk up to the door and knock. I wait a few minutes before knocking again. Finally I just open the door.

"Hello?" I yell kicking beer cans out of my way. I walk up the stairs and walk to the room that was once and still might be Marley's. I lightly knock and the door cracks open. I see Marley sitting on the ground, curled in a ball, crying. When she hears the door she looks up. "Um, hey Marley, it's Justin."  She stands up and motions over to the door and opens the ajar door completley. She is silent and I can see the dry tears on her face. So I break the familiar silence in the room and ask, "So... how's your mom?" I awkwardly ask. She bites her lip and finally just replies, "Fine..."  I reply "If by fine you mean to say still drunk and abusive?" I look at her as another tear slips from her eye she stays silent. I say "That's not okay if you ask me by any means Marley. I still care about you, yeah know if you were wondering. I actually came by to apologize. I have been feeling terrible about the past and I want to start over. " She nods her head and gives me a sad smile. I stick out my hand and say, "Hi Marley, I'm Justin, wanna be friends?" She shakes my hand and slaps my shoulder and says "Wow Justin you really have not change one bit have you?" I give her a flirty smile "Nope, not one bit." After our laughter dies down I ask "Do you have a bathroom?" She wears a serious expression on her face, "No, we go in the yard." I throw my head back in laughter. "Okay smartass." I smirk.

I start to walk over to the bathroom but spot a towel on the floor. Assuming it's just a dirty towel, I pick it up. "NO!" Marley yells trying to stop me but I pick it up before she can reach me. "Marley... is this... blood?" I choke on the last word as a tear falls from my face. "Justin listen..." She starts to say but I stop her. "Did I cause this?..." I ask, not trying to hide the tears on my face. "No.." I pull her into my arms and we silently stand like this for a moment. I pull away and look down at her beautiful face, noticing bruises. "Did you mom do this?" I ask, anger filling my veins. She nods her head slowly as a tear slips down her face. I wipe it away and start to lean in. She does the same but we get interrupted by the door slamming open. "MARLEY VIOLET BARBER! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT COMPANY?!" Her mother, obviously drunk, says bursting in.

I step back from Marley, worriedly running my hand through my hair. Her mother continues "Well what are you doing just standing there looking at me like your stupid!" She screams. She makes a fist and aims for Marley but misses because I grab her fist and yell "EXCUSE ME, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING TO THIS INNOCENT GIRL?! THAT'S YOUR DAUGHTER FOR GODS SAKE!" Her mother backs away fast and walks out of the room. Marley starts to say "Thank..." But I cut her off. "There is no need to thank me when it needed to be done. I think I should leave now. See you at school Mar." We hug for a few moments then I walk out the door and head down the steps. I see her mother standing there facing me. She says "You know you had no right to grab my hand like that your a child also Marley is my child so i can choose what happens to her not you." I look at her in disgust and say "Do you really think that's how you treat anyone let alone your own friggin' child. Mrs. Barber I'm sorry if I was out of line but I thought it was time someone put you back in place." She began to speak but I cut her off again, "Shut up, just shut up already. I don't care what you have to say. If your stupid enough to hurt your child your too stupid to realize your mistakes. Goodbye." And with that I walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow.... can someone say DRAMATIC? Lol, well I hope y'all enjoyed this tear fest :')

Haha

Love, Love, Love

Boo Bear and Hazza ;D

Aka, Maddzin and Abbzin ^.^