Chapter II: Hell's Banquet

CHAPTER II

Hell's Banquet

Seokjin believed in many things.

He believed in God who ruled Heaven and Earth, and the only King he will bow down to. He believed in Heaven that was his home to protect him from harm and love him with no boundaries. He believed in the gates of Heaven, the gates of his home and the only home he'll ever have, to keep him inside the paradise, and guard him and his fellow seraphs from the danger across the border of Heaven and Hell. He believed in his companions that were his family since the day God breathed life into him and made him his own person with a pair of beautiful wings and a beautiful heart. He believed that he would be granted eternal happiness under God's grace and all the blessings he was born into.

Seokjin believed in many things.

Things that he lived his whole life—a life he believed was infinite. Things that molded him into the person he was right now. Things that were his greatest treasure and warming solace. Things that were broken in just one moment.

And for the first time in his life, his happiness crumbled down before his eyes. His soft and delicate smile morphed into a bitter frown as hot tears fell from his orbs, betrayal reflected in them. He stared at the angel he believed to be his family, his brother for so many centuries, gaze back with a cold look in his eyes. A look he has never seen until that moment.

Hyosang had always been his brother, his best friend, his other half, his family. Hyosang was his everything. There was no Seokjin without Hyosang, there was no Hyosang without Seokjin. They were one—never separated, always together. Seokjin and Hyosang were a pair of God's wings—wings so bright and strong that you can't help but admire them. They were the perfect pair, the perfect picture, the perfect everything.

Seokjin believed in that like he believed in many other things. And like many other things, they were broken in one moment. And one moment led to another, and soon he found himself locked out of Heaven, falling down like a shooting star along with his dongsaengs who believed in him, the only ones to believe in him. Seokjin wanted to believe in them too, but he was too broken to do so.

Still, Seokjin would protect these little angels that sacrificed their place in Heaven to loyally stay with him until the very end. Even if they knew what nightmares they'll face by the end of this fall. They reached out to him as they fell fast and all Seokjin had to do was accept their hand. But every time he tried to extend his hand and grab theirs, Hyosang's warm smile flashes across his mind and he recoils away as if he was burned by fire.

And so they fell all the way down and landed in the place between Heaven and Hell, where they were forced to wander around not knowing where to go. Not knowing where to go with their flightless wings and exhausted legs. Not knowing where except only following the ominous trail with the looming darkness and the deafening silence accompanying them. Not knowing that the path they carelessly follow ended up leading them to Hell.

They were found by Hell's Gate Keeper who immediately caught them, summoned Mammon who placed them in a cage and brought them across the seven hells where they witness the nightmare they were only told in tales come to life. They witness the viciousness, the pain, the suffering, the torment that the sinful souls succumb to and the distorted demons enjoy.

The little angels huddled around Seokjin, seeking for his comfort. Seokjin who was the center of everything, the main reason why these sweet innocent little angels were even condemned to face all these savageries. If they weren't so adamant in defending him, in believing in him, in being loyal to him they still would've enjoyed the luxury of Heaven. And yet, they followed Seokjin as he was dragged down from his pedestal and thrown away as he was falsely accused.