Prologue

"Jungkoo-"

Dropping the bouquet of flowers, my jaw dropped at the sight of my girlfriend naked in bed with another man.

Clenching my fists, I turned away from the scene and left without saying another word. Today was our 2 year anniversary and I was supposed to surprise her at this early hour, but oh how the tables have turned. It was her who surprised me.

And I am definitely surprised.

"Jungkook, wait let me explain -"Grabbing my arm, I faced the girl who I loved for two years of my life. The same girl who I never thought would do this to me in a million years.

I immediately removed her grip away and chuckled darkly "What is there to explain, Mina? I clearly saw the boy pleasuring you and saw you obviously enjoying that pleasure."

She could only look down guiltily, making me sigh in utter disappointment. Taking in a shaky breath, I could feel the pieces of my heart slowly breaking. Closing my eyes, desperate to not let the tears fall, I asked her "How long?"

She remained silent.

"How long?!"I cried, almost to the point of snapping.

Jolting up in surprise with my tone of voice, she nervously stuttered out her answer "3 months - but Kookie I was drunk and it was supposed to be a onetime thing, but - but he's persistent and - "

"Shut up." I said as I finally managed to look at her in the eye "Don't call me that ever again. We're over."

"Wait - Jungkook please - "She started to sob but I cut her off angrily "Shut the fuck up Mina! You cheated on me for three months! And you expect me to just forget about it? To forgive you? To what - open my welcoming arms when I do?"

She was now full on crying, and at the corner of my eye, I caught the image of the dude she cheated on with me, now wearing his boxers. Looking lost at what to do, he faced me and cautiously moved towards my now ex-girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her to comfort her.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, proceeding to now walk out of her apartment "I wish you two the fucking best." I spat.

My hand now on the doornob, I turned to two people in front of me, looking at her, I managed to say "I only wanted you to be happy with me. But I guess with what is happening right now - I failed."

"But remember this. For three months, you broke the man who only ever wanted to love you." And with those final words, I opened the door and exited the place once and for all.

"Happy fucking anniversary to me."

***

I couldn't think straight. My head hurts as I was driving back to my place. Bringing back those happy memories that I wish to forget. And without my permission, my tears started to fall one by one.

And I finally allowed myself to breakdown.

Broken sobs escaped my mouth, with loud hiccups following - having a hard time to breath, I pressed onto the acceleration pedal harder, making me speed through the unusual empty street. As my vision got blurry due to the tears, I screamed, not caring if someone heard me.

A big mistake on my part.

Because the next thing I knew, I heard a loud deafening screech of tires. Looking towards my right, I only now noticed I drove straight on an intersection while the light is still red.

Seeing the blinding headlights of a truck, the driver pushing the horn, trying to slow down and warns other incoming cars and vehicles and passersby.

But his efforts were left in vain when the eight-wheeler vehicle bumped straight into my car, sending it flying with me inside of it.

***

Ringing.

I groaned as it continued to ring in my ears, blocking all the other sounds around me. I tried to open my eyes, but I only found darkness.

"Sir! Can you hear me?!" An unfamiliar voice of a woman spoke banging on the window. "Hey - just hung on there, the ambulance is coming."

My heart beat increased at an unnatural pace, my head started to let multiple thoughts roam my head. Not accepting the possibility. I could feel my chest heaving up and down with heavy breaths of nervousness.

"Hey, just calm down, help is on the way." The same soothing voice says softly, making my thoughts simmer down.

I gulped, scared of what I was about to say. Praying to God that the help they called could actually cure me in time.

"H-Help," I muttered, as I felt my tears falling once again.

"Please"