The Story of Us- a Niall Horan fanfiction- part 2

Sorry I haven't written anything recently. I will be on vacation for a week soon, so I won't write anything then, either.

__________________________________________________________________________

I'm furious. If he wants to play hard-to-get, I'll let him. But I want to play the "emotional breakup" card on him. So I do.

The first person I call is my best friend, y/bff/n, she'll know what to do.

"Hey, y/bff/n," I say. I try to make it sound sad. Because secretly, I'm planning revenge.

"Hi Libby!" She is desperately wanting to make me happy, and I don't want to tell her I'm not actually sad, so I go along with it.

"Niall broke up with me..." I say quietly. I hope it's enough to fool her, she is quite gullible.

"Aww... Poor Libby!"

"I know..."

"I'll be there ASAP!"

That was unnecessary, but I don't care. I'm scared deep down that she'll see right through my poker face. I think she will. No. I know she will.

She comes over early. She really did come ASAP. I offer lemonade, she refuses and is persistent to get right down to the point- how did it happen?

I show her the text, she freaks out.

"Libby... I had no idea... I had no idea there was a side of Niall.. One so cruel... Poor you... Delete it! I can't look at it!" I delete it. And for a moment, I can pretend it never happened. But reality kicks in, and I realize I'm lost without Niall. But then I remember the feelings I felt when I read that text. Anger, sadness, hopelessness. But mostly anger. Yeah, mostly anger.

I then recall what y/bff/n just said; "Poor you..." Yes! That's it! Pity, my defense against Niall right now, how I can use pity to get revenge... Oh this is pure evil!

I love it.

"The story starts when it was hot and it was summer and, I had it all, I had him right there where I wanted him. She came along, got him alone and let's hear the applause. She took him faster than you can say 'sabotage'." -Taylor Swift "Better Than Revenge"