Chapter 1

Have you ever felt the extreme fear of death? Have you ever came across a situation when you feel like these are the last moments you are going to live? Your whole life moments flashes into your mind like a slide show. You want to move from your state, you want to snap out of that anxiety to do something which maybe can save your life. But you can't . Because your whole body seems to be in control of someone else. All you feel is numb.

Well, that's what Kaira is feeling right now. Because she can see her death in those dead bodies which was lying at some distance from her. The terror striking on the faces that are alive are only increasing her fear.

Silence! From past few minutes there was neither the sounds of gunshots nor the heart squeezing screams. But they knew better than thinking that the nightmare is over.

" What are we gonna do now?" Mayank whispered. He was also stuck there with the other two girls including Kiara. The terror was dripping from his voice. But he knew he was the only in sane state in three of them because the other two were in no state of doing anything.

As expected he got nothing but silence as an answer.

" Okay, listen I don't think they are anywhere around here and anyways we can't seat here without calling for any help. You two don't move from here. Till then I'll go and see what I can do."

Mayank said even though he knew that if he leaves this so called safe place which is under one of the tables of the restaurant. The chances of living after leaving this place was negligible. But he knew someone had to do something. It was not like he was some superhero or anything. He was also scared as those two but the little courage in him made him do this.

He cast a last glance at those ladies and was about to make a move, but a small tug on his arm stopped him.

He looked at the owner of the hand, it was Kiara. Though they don't know each other's name, heck they were strangers till last few hours but this unexpected situation made them cross each others path.

Even though no words were said by Kaira, he understood that she was telling him to not to endanger his life. He just gently removed her arm and giving her a last sad smile he disappear from the place , which they were hiding from past one and half hour. Even in this situation the bravery shown by Mayank impressed Kiara.

                                                                           -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

It's been an hour since Mayank left only to not come back. The two girls were still in their place praying for their life. But one of them was caring enough to even pray for the others which were still alive and stuck in this situation.

Flashback

Everything was okay till last two hours. Kiara came in the restaurant 'Lake Paradise' with her friends for a dinner. They were enjoying the delicious food along with the other customers in the restaurant. When they had their food, they left after having desert as it was already late. But Kiara told her friends to go ahead because she wanted to use washroom. Though they insisted waiting for her she just refused telling them that she would be alright. Only if she knew how much she was wrong.

When she was in the washroom she heard a loud sounds of multiple gunshots and screams of the people. Scared she came out of the bathroom only to see few people wearing black clothes and a mask covering their face. But the terrifying thing was that there was big rifles in their hand and they were shooting anyone in their sight. Fortunately they didn't see her.

At that moment she realised that the restaurant was hijacked by those terrorists.

Somehow she managed to hide herself under one of the tables of the restaurant. There was two other people under that table who were hiding there to save themselves life.The tablecloth was fortunately enough to hide themselves under the table.

End of the flashback.

Fortunately three of them somehow they managed to successfully hide themselves under the table, of course until Mayank left.

Out of nowhere a sound of gunshot was heard. It sounded much nearer than expected. Kiara literally double checked herself for any injury even though she felt nothing but numb. Fortunately there were no major injuries other than some scratches. When she looked behind her, as expected she found the other girl sitting behind her. But, the difference was it was just a lifeless body instead of an alive one. The blood was dripping from her head indicating that someone just shot her head from behind. Her lifeless wide eyes were clearly emmitting the shock she felt just before her soul left her body. The other girl died on the spot leaving Kiara to fight her own battle. Seeing her like that Kiara felt an immense pity towards her. She can't even imagine the pain the girl must have felt while getting shot. For a common girl like Kiara guns were something she never seen in the life except in the movies. Her parents were very sweet and caring. Even her father was not intimidating and strict like most of the fathers. So, violence was never a subject in her life.

Kiara clamped her mouth forcefully to stop the scream which was threatening to come out.She did not deserve to die like that. Heck, no one deserves to die like that, Kiara thought. She was shaking with terror. Tears continued streaming down her face. Faces of her parents flashed in her mind. She knew she was not going to see them again. This was the end of her life.She never ever imagined that her all dreams, her aims, her life would end like this. Many things were still-

Her chain of depressing thoughts was broken by the sound of footsteps. Her heart literally stopped for a moment when she heard those footsteps coming towards her.

They say, you don't know if you are ready for that situation until that situation actually arrives. That what happened with her. She knew that she was going to die soon but now when the death itself was coming towards her she felt as if she would die out of fear before the person even come.

She tried so hard to remain silent with the dying hope that she would actually go unnoticed by that person. But a fearful sob released from her. As the luck was not from her side the person happened to hear that voice and soon enough a pair of black shoes came into her view and she mentally bid a last goodbye to the world.