Revenge

Sitting there in momma's old Chevrolet I began going down memory lane.

Momma always used to tell me that she loved me and kissed me goodbye as a child every morning before I went to catch the school bus. She would tell me to have a great day, man were those good times. Going to school to do my work come home to a loving mother who did her best to raise two boys on a fixed income. I had it all friends, a girlfriend, the best little brother in the world and the best mother. At least I thought I had it all until one day.

I received a call from Uncle Ted explaining that my brother and I needed to come home from school. We told the teacher we had an emergency and we needed to go so the teacher let us out and before we knew it we were in the car with Uncle Ted driving as fast as he could to the hospital. We asked him why the rush and what the emergency was.

He told us that momma was hit by a drunk driver and that she was in critical condition and that the drunk driver had survived the crash and ran away from the scene of the crime.

At first I didn't know what to say my mind was racing a million miles a minute. The first thing I wanted to do is see momma and then I would take care of the drunk driver later. The minute we arrived at the hospital I charged through the hallways to try and find mommas room but she was nowhere to be found then I went to the receptionist and asked her where momma was she gave me some very unfortunate news to tell me. She said the doctors did everything in their power possible to save her but she went into cardiac arrest and died in the hospital. Her last words were tell my oldest son to take care of his brother, and never forget to keep faith and trust God for everything. Hearing this news, I snatched uncle Teds keys and stormed out of the hospital with nothing but revenge on my mind.

My Idea was to make sure that the drunk driver had suffered the same fate as momma, death. I was on a one way road with death on my mind. I found out where that dirty low down human lived. I knocked on his front door and as he answered the door I had a knife ready in my hand to kill, as soon as the door opened the knife entered his stomach, as he fell to the ground his wife and children screamed in horror of what they just saw. I fled the scene as I saw the lights of the police car flashing. The only thing I didn't see coming was the police they saw me flee the scene. Now what was supposed to be revenge turned into a high-speed car chase with me attempting to escape the prison sentence behind me. I was dodging through traffic left and right. When I went to turn the car a semi truck hit it's breaks ahead of me. Now here I was stuck in traffic no way to turn so I jumped out of the car and started dashing away just then two police officers caught me and arrested me with the charges of 1st degree murder. I was found guilty on all charges and was sent to prison for 15 years it would have been longer but since I had a clean record the judge made the sentence shorter. Fifteen years went by I had no visitors and only one call during my sentence. When I reached the end of my sentence I was released from prison.

I just wish I could tell momma I am sorry for the life that I chose. I love you momma, I miss you I wish I could see you again.