Subject NOR5K1

Tom's POV
I rushed down the hall. I was being re-assigned to....something. They never told me what. Before this I was in technology and psychology. A fitting pair, I know. I met a scientist at the end of the hall and he said nothing, just pointed me to a holding cell at the end of the hall. I said my thanks and made my way there. Holding cell 666 huh? Wonder what's inside, I thought to myself.

As I peered inside, I was met with a gruesome sight. A demon was backed in a corner, a scientist making his way toward it. The demon tried to move away but was kicked back. This understandably enraged the creature further. He attacked the scientist, easily overpowering him.He then proceeded to tear out the scientists heart and...eat it?! What kind of terrible moment did I witness?!

The creature set the scientists bleeding body aflame, reducing him to ash. That's when the demon saw me. He growled and returned to eating.

I stared a little longer. He noticed and, after he was done eating, cleared his throat and looked at me. "You know Thomas, I'd rather not be stared at like a fish just won by a child at a fair," he said in a Norwegian accent.

My eyes widened. "Y-you can speak?" The demon just chuckled and shook his head. "You humans always think your the only sentient beings on the planet, don't you? Yes Thomas, I am sentient."

I then realized he used my name twice now. "How do you know my name?" He gestured to my name tag and I blushed from embarrassment. "What's your name," I asked. The demon seemed surprised by this. "Well the name I have now is 'Subject NOR5K1', but my name before was Tord."

I stepped to open the door then pulled back. "U-um, Tord? If I step in here, can we talk without you killing me?"

The creature just laughed. "Thomas, I only kill when I fell threatened. I don't se you as a threat so you're not in any immediate danger." I nodded and opened the door.

I walked in and sat down in front of him. "Tord, if you don't mind me asking, what did you look like before?" He smiled a little and shimmered. He was....shrinking. He transformed into a young man around my age with brown hair that spiked up into horns. He was wearing a red hoodie as well. "Hello Thomas. How do I look?"