The Walking Lighthouse

Quentin was walking along a semi-busy path in the park in the black of night. After a long day at the restaurant, he decided to take the path threw the park to travel home. He felt no need to equip himself a light since his path was illuminated by dull light poles and the reflective glow of passerby electronics. Sudden but not serious, he felt a blurry sensation overtake his eyesight. He quickly narrowed it down to the fact he was tired and ignored it. He kept staring ahead down the path of glowing spheres, but now to this blur, the globes swayed. He even saw one move so far left off of the path, he felt a sense of persuasion to leave the path and travel toward it. Quentin noticed that everyone around him had the same thought and were moving toward the light off the path. Being quick-witted, Quentin stepped back out of his trance and observed through his obstructed eyes to see what would happen. All suddenly went black. The poles were no longer glowing, including the people's electronics and the light off the path. He closed his eyes. Quentin heard screams aplenty in the direction of the light. He opened his eyes to wish they were still blurry. All he could see was a pair of glowing eyes belonging to a tall figure surrounded by dropped electronics and the fresh scent of blood.