Monday, April 16th: Past Addictions, Now Lovers and Future Family

It's Monday night, the start of another work week. But for Kimberly, it's the night before she has to go away for a little while...

It's 9:15 PM in Detroit, Michigan. The house is silent and everyone is sound asleep in their own bedrooms. The only source of light is coming from the dim ceiling lights in the kitchen. Oh, and one more thing, this huge mansion belongs to the worldwide famous Hip Hop Artist Marshall Mathers AKA "Eminem." Tonight, the mans' Ex-Wife is being forced to leave the house and stay with other family members for the night. The woman is known as Kimberly "Kim" Anne Scott and right before she is leaving, the woman is composing a letter of sorrow, shame of what she has done, and a realization that her actions hurt others.

Across the room, Marshall Mather's kid/brother, Nathan Mather's watches silently with his arms folded in front of his chest. His emotions that he's feeling right now are disappointment, sadness and concern.

Monday, April 16th, 2018

A letter to my all my loving children and my Ex-Husband, Marshall Mathers, and to our big beautiful extended family. In this letter that you will read, I want you to know something very important...

I want to thank you all of you from the very bottom of my heart for bringing me to Coachella this past weekend with everyone. It's was a great little vacation. Marshall, Even though you could see me drowning in my depression more and more, you couldn't save me and that was alright. I had to save myself, but I was stuck and didn't know how. I tried hard not to let it show to Nate's fiancee as we sat on the couch yesterday night in happiness together, eating snacks. Earlier in the daytime, I went to do a little grocery shopping before the nights' showings and decided then and there that I was going to put myself through a Recovery Center and focus all my energy into making myself better for you and the family. The last thing that I want you to know is I leave early tomorrow morning and I want to thank you for everything...

Your love, Kimmy

Silently, Ms. Scott sets her pen down, folds the paper in half and sticks it in the envelope, licking and sealing it.

Nathan "Nate" Mathers, Marshall's kid/brother comes out from the shadows of the darkness and into the light of the kitchen. The young 32-year-old male folds his arms across his chest and walks slowly over to where the woman is sitting. Clearing his throats quietly, he says, "You ready to go, Kim?"

Not uttering a word, the 43-year-old mother of four children, looks up at the young brother, ashamed of how sinister she treated her Ex-Husband, the woman presses her lips together tightly and swallows hard. Picking up the sealed envelope, she learns the item up against a vase of flowers and pushes herself up. Her whole body seems to hurt and so does her head as she rubs her face with both hands, yawns and then hugs herself. She has gotten a chill and she is definitely feeling empty inside, but also blanketing those emotions in fear. Fear of what is going to happen to her and everything else she has worked so hard for. It's been a few solid years to get where she wanted to be, but now, everything seems to be crumbling around her again.

Nathan walks over to her, wrapping both arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug and kisses her forehead a couple time. "Come on," he whispers quietly and gently while stroking her hair, "Come and stay with me and my fiancee tonight. We can give you the rest you need and tomorrow will be better, so you can be ready. Please, you don't have to be scared..." He says with a soft smile to her, looking her right in the eyes. As the young man is ushering her out of the building, he grabs the suitcase that is by the front door, flicks off the kitchen lights and closes the door behind them. They both head to the jeep that is waiting for them.