Tuesday, April 17th: Family is Everything, and will Always Be There

For all the sorrow that Kim felt so strongly last night that it almost felt like it was killing her, she is defiantly sleeping soundly now, just as dawn is breaking.

Nathan creeps into the small guest bedroom, and from looking at the lack of movement from her, the woman hasn't stirred an inch. He crouched down to her side. "Kim," he whispers softly and strokes her hair. "Wake up. It's time to go."

The woman that is fast asleep in the bed now stirs in her sleep, turning away from the 32-year-old man and slowly cracking open her eyes. The early morning light leaks softly through the curtains. This slight greeting of happiness hurts the young woman. Sighing deeply, she plops one arm above her head with her elbow slightly bent. Kim just stares at the ceiling, feeling hollow inside. The entire world feels very grey and black and so does her emotions. She has no will to do anything and all she wants to do is curl up and stay in this safe place of feeling comfortable in this bed.

"Kimmy? Are you okay?" Nathan asks with genuine concern for her starring off into the distance.

"Mm," she shrugs and props herself up on her elbow, rubbing her face. "I feel like shit..." she groans.

Nathan hugs her and rubs her back slowly. When he slowly pulls away from holding the fragile woman, he puts both hands on her cheeks, rubbing his thumbs over her them. He very well knows this depression, because he himself has faced it, so he understands her pain. "I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. You know I can see it in your face that you're struggling and I am so sorry Kim," he says sincerely.

Kimberly doesn't say anything as she stands. The two of them stand and embrace. Instantly, the world around them becomes still and quiet for the time being.

Just then, Aleaha quietly enters the room with Mariposa cradled in her arms. Kim hears the infants' soft coos and walks over to mother and baby.

"May I hold her, Aleaha?" Kim asks in a soft whisper, wringing her hands. "I would really love to before I go.." she drips some tears.

"Of course," the young mother whispers. And she hands her daughter over to Kim and sits down on the bed with Mariposa laying on her chest. The 12-month-old baby makes a few sweet little noises that just completely makes Kim's heart melt.

"Hi, little Poise," Kim coos and soothingly rubs the little infants back. "Auntie has to go away for a little bit, darling. But, you'll see her again soon enough," Kim speaks quietly and gentle to her, rocking her side to side slightly. "I love your beautiful light cocoa skin. You got that from your momma and you have dads' beautiful white skin mixed in." Giving a couple light kisses on Poise's little head, tears escape her eyes. She looks up at the infants' parents.

"She's so sweet," Kim is crying now. "The moment reminds of when I held Hallie right before I had to go away to jail," she sniffs and looks down at the baby again. She is overcome with joy and sadness, but she's not holding back her tears.

"Kimberly...." Nathan beings to says. "You'll be back. I promise you. This Family is always here if you need anything," He then rests his hand on both of her shoulders, and says, "Family is everything and I hope you know this. Also, the Mather's family will always be here no matter what."

Sighing in total relief, Kimberly smiles a tiny bit. "I..I honestly thought that you two hated me after last night. I can't take that pain. that would just tear me apart. Thank you. Thank you so much for saying this to me. I don't know what I would do without my family." The woman explains as she looks back and forth between Nate and Aleaha. Pure thankfulness plastered on her face.

"We might have been mad at you last night," Aleaha begins to say, but I learned to let it go with some time. No one deserves hatred in this world, no matter what they have done. Also, sleep helps too. so I thank sleep," The young African American woman kinda giggles at the last part. She gives Kim a nice long hug.