Hood

Lance POV

I pull my hood over my head, something I rarely do. I keep my head low, making sure no one can see my eyes and hair. I silently curse myself for coming. I forgot something that also happens on these days. I start to float. I can't control it. I just float.

I'll have to be quick this morning...I think to myself as I walk into the room. Everyone is already in there. They all look up at me, but I turn my head, avoiding all of their eyes.

"Hey Lance!" I hear Hunk say as I sit down in my seat next to Keith. I say nothing, and zip up my jacket.

The less showing the better... I grab a bowl of goo and silently eat it quickly. While I'm scarfing it down, I feel my feet slowly start to float off the ground. I abruptly grab the sides of the chair, startling everyone in the room. I clearly have extra strength during this time too, because the arms of the chair now have small cracks where I have my tight grip.

"Lance? Are you alright?" I hear Shiro say from the head of the table. I can tell he stood up from his chair, his hands on the table. Everyone else was alert now. My breathing quickens. I start to feel a bit dizzy, still holding tightly onto the chair to get me on the floor. I can feel sweat drip down my face, as I start to hyperventilate. I stare at my lap.

I-Ican't let them find out about me... They would hate me!

I quickly stand up, and I'm out the door before anyone can process what happened. I'm in my room before I know it, door locked, as I start to float off the ground. My breathing even outs, and I'm not calmed down. I'm sitting criss-cross applesauce, on the ceiling.

"Lance! Are you in there?? Are you ok?"

"Y-yeah! I'm fine! Don't worry! I-uh just wasn't feeling good so I ran back to my room." There was silence for a long time.

"Alright." I let out a small sigh of relief.

My secret is safe...for now.