#JEONGIN

JEON JUNGKOOK AND JEONG YEIN P.1

I still remember the day we met. Exactly August 1, 20** , 8:45 o'clock in the evening. At the grocery store owned by my Aunt Jiyoon.

I was the cashier that night. I was busy reading some magazine when someone fall in line at the counter. A lady with doe eyes. She's pretty with her Harry Potter-style eyeglasses. Wearing a white shirt and denim shorts. I was mesmerized by her beauty. She even mad at me because I punched the drink twice. And I said sorry.

"Don't blush." she said before she fled the place.

I hurriedly grab a mirror and looked myself into it. My face were red as tomato. I feel like a teen girl blushing seeing her crush and thought of it makes me feel gay.

Every night, I waited for her at the grocery. It takes days, then days turn to weeks. Exactly two weeks later, I finally saw her again.But this time, her eyes were red. Seems like she's been crying.

"Did you cry?"

I notice that she's more into pineapple juice, just like what she brought on our first encounter. She wore all black this time just like me. Destiny? Maybe just coincident. But someone told me that when two person wear same color most of the time were soulmate. [P.S. My cousin told me so. He's a sucker for destinies and soulmates.]

She just give me a smile. She was about to turn away, when I hold her arms. When I touch her, I feel the sudden electric. I somewhat thought that she had super powers.

"What?"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook."

I don't know where I got my confidence that time. I have just had the urge to introduced myself to her or else there will be no other chance.

"I live just three blocks from this building to the right." I continue. "You are?"

"Is that what you were doing on your customers? Asking about their address and names?"

"Well . . . . I ------."

"My name is Jeong Yein, I live next to your house."

So she was the girl that my Aunt Jiyoon always talked about. That her brother was sent to the mental hospital. Her mother was remarried and left the two kids alone. I finally met my mysterious neighbor.

The next day, morning, I pay a visit to her, but she rejected my fruits. I never lose hope. Until one day, we became friends.

Every night, she waited for me until I'm off to work and we ate dinner together. Every morning I brought her fruits. In the afternoon, I walked with her to the school she's studying with. Everything between us is perfect.

Not until one day.

I saw her with a man. I don't know something deep inside me is hurting seeing her with another man. They are walking outside the university laughing while their hands intertwined. So sweet. I wish I was that guy.

She called me when she saw me on the other side of the road.

"Jungkook, meet Sungjong-sunbae. Sunbae, this is Jungkook, my friend."

Friend. Just a friend. Is that how she sees me? Only her friend.

They invited me to join them on going shopping, but I decline. My excuse? I will be set to work and I don't want to be late. I don't want to be their thirdwheel.

Even at work I can't concentrate thinking about them together. Guess what, Inever expect to see her waiting for me outside.

"You should have joined us earlier."

"No thanks. I might ruined your date with him." How I wanted to punched his face. I wanted to add. "I don't like to be third wheeled."

"It should be a double.date. Guess what, I am the third wheel on the date!" she then handed me a paper bag. "I brought you a Bunny bear. I hope you like it."

I was left alone. I open the paper bag and saw a white bunny bear. My first gift from her. Bunny Yeye. I'll name this bear Bunny Yeye.

The next day, I went to her house, to say sorry. I even cooked her favorite dish. It takes few seconds before she opens the door. Her hair still messy, lots of eyebugs behind her eyes but still beautiful.

She let me in. There I saw a male version on the bear she gave me last night. She grab it when she caught me staring at it.

"Cute. What's its name? Mine is Yeye."

Her face turns red as crimson. "Kookie. I named it after you." she avoided my gaze.

"I'm jealous.."

I really had a hard night thinking about what I feel seeing her with another man. That was just the first time I felt it.

"Seeing you with your Sunbae hurts me. I hate the sight of him. I even want to punched him to death just to vanish." and I paused. "Simply because I have a feelings for you, Yen. I don't want any other guy to hold, I don't want any other guy to see your smile. Call me selfish but all I want is that, I should be the one holding you, I should be the one to see your smile, be the one to love you, be the one with you 'till we both stop breathing."

After that, I hugged her. This is what I badly want to do since then, to hug her tightly.

"Why are you saying that?"

"Because I love you."

"Thank you. Thank you for your feelings." she pause for a moment.

Am I friendzoned? I was surprise when she tiptoed and kissed me on my lips. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I love you." she mimic me.

"You like the story?" I glance at the woman on her wheelchair. Staring blankly at me.

"Do I know you?"

"I'm Jungkook."

It hurts to know that the one you love forgot your existence. It is been five years since Yein had been suffering from Alzheimer which she inherit from her father.

At first, she forgot where she put her comb when she was just holding it. We just don't mind it. Then it became worse, she sometimes forgot our address, even her name. She then won't recognize our children.

"What are you? A maid here?"

"No. Your husband."

"Husband?" shock was written on her face. "I'm married to you?"

I just nod at her.Then I guide her to our room by pushing her wheelchair.

"But, do you know my name?"

"Yes. Your name is Yein."

"That's my name? I had a nice name then." she pause for a moment. "What is your name?"

"Jungkook." I simply reply.

"Why are you here by the way?"

"Because I live you here."

"You live with me? Why?"

"Because I live here with my wife."

"Wife? You're married? Can I hear your love story? Who is your wife?"

This is our usual routine. I just let her asked me though it is just simply repeated questions. As much as I want to hate her illness but I can't. Maybe God do this on purpose, to test me. I know this is just a trial. And I need to succeed this trial.

I now glance at her, sleeping silently next to me.

"I won't get tired storytelling-ed our love story to you. Always remember that I'll love you 'till my last breath, my dear wife." and I kiss her forehead.