3.

"So are you gonna tell your dad that you're not interested in football before or after he prints off more mini Jamal wall art?" I ask laughing and eyeing a little picture of Jamal in a football uniform holding a sandwich.

"I'm gonna tell him, I just need to find the right time" he says.

Monse laughs, "No telling when that'll be."

"Where the hell is Ruby" Jamal says.
__________________________________

"What did Cesar say and how did he say it?!" Monse asks Ruby who was covering his body, which didn't make much of a difference since he was wearing a long, bright poofy dress.

" He just did. We tried to get him to take it back, he didn't so what else is there to do??" Ruby says.

"What about what Mario said? How are we gonna survive Highschool minus one of us" Monse says.

"He's Not some wise man don't take his words to heart" Ruby says.

"It's not always what you say, but how you say it and he said it like he meant it. It could be much worse" He says.

"Whats worse than losing a friend?" She asks.

"Starting Highschool with a rep, even if it is just a rumor it could cause problems for you" I say.

"Khelis is right, but it's contained" He says.

"You're right," Monse sighs "nobody knows"

Just then I hear a voice behind me and turn around.

"Heyy! Damn Ruby, I see you and I'm down wit it, I like the freaky. Just like Monse!" This girl on a scooter says.

"What are you taking about?" Monse asks.

"Oh don't be shy wit me I know y'all be getting it in!" She says.

"It's contained??" I repeat Ruby's words raising and eyebrow.

"I hate him! And now I'm gonna kick his traitor ass" Monse says and storms off the porch.

"Monse!" Ruby yells.

"You'd better go change before all hell breaks loose!" I shout to him running after Monse.
__________________________________

"You little bitch!" Monse yells pushing Cesar off his skateboard.

His "friends" all start watching and snickering as Monse was wailing on him.

"I bet she's a freak on all fours" One of them says.

"Watch your mouth" I say glaring at him.

"Mira a esta perra," he says tapping another guy laughing. "What are you gonna do If I dont?" He laughs harder.

"Call me a bitch again and you gonna find out " I say tilting my head to the side.

"I dont need any of you! I'll survive on my own" I hear Monse's voice and that makes me look up and see her storming off.

I look back at the man. "Vete a la mierda" I say and turn to walk away.

"me encanta verla alejarse" I hear as I hurry after Monse.

"Monse! Wait! Are you alright?" I ask her grabbing her arm.

"No, I just lost my 3 bestfriends" She says slowing her pace to match mine.

"I see how strong y'all relationship is, you just need some time to cool off and you'll be right back to normal" I say.

"I just...I can't believe Cesar would tell them that" She mumbles.