Chapter 3

Liam *POV*

"Want to watch a movie before you have to go to your evening classes?" Niall asks.

"Oh I uhmm... My girlfriend wanted to Skype." I let him know.

"Girls suck. Come watch a movie with me." Niall says.

"Niall she's my girlfriend. She said it was really important too." I say.

"Fine. But when you're done come watch with me." Niall says.

"Will do." I smile at him feeling somewhat ... Giddy?

I make my way to my room and see that's she's calling. I quickly sit down and hit answer.

"Hey babe!" I smile widely.

"Hey Li." She says in a sad, dull tone.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Li... I don't think I can do this long distance thing babe. It's to hard and saddening for me." She mumbles.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask hoping it's not what I think it is.

"I think we should split. See new people. You know I met this really nice guy today maybe there is a really nice girl over at your university." She says softly.

"B-But-"

"Look Li... I'm sorry but, this is too much. I have to go now. I'm going out please find someone. Don't be sad over me. I know how emotional you get." She says.

"But-"

"Bye Li." She hangs up.

My heart slowly does from this.

What happened?

We were going so strong!

I sigh closing my laptop and placing it beside me. I groan turning into my comforter and gripping it. A tear escapes and I sniffle. Was I not worth waiting for.

I get off the bed and wipe my eyes. I walk into the kitchen and get a water bottle. I down it in gulps as I turn to get something to eat.

"Hey Li! Wanna- are you okay?" Niall asks.

"Yea." My voice cracks. "I'll be fine." I clear my throat.

"What happened mate?" He asks.

"The important thing she has to tell me... She wanted to break up with me." I mumble.

"Hey man, women suck... That's why I like it up the butt." Niall offers with a lopsided smile trying to make me smile. I chuckle weakly. "Nah... People say it's cause I was born to like men."

Niall rests against the counter. "But seriously, you're an amazing guy anyone is lucky to call you their man."

I laugh dryly, "Apparently not everyone."

"C'mon Liam! That's not the spirit. You're a kind man. You put yourself last even when your sick. She obviously was high on something because your honestly an amazing man." Niall brushes some of my hair out of my face and rests his hand on my cheek bone caressing it.

I lean into his hand closing my eyes as I sigh. "Thank you Niall. How about that movie?"

I open my eyes and he smiles pulling my hand into the living room. "I popped three bags of popcorn so we can share."

I chuckle and ruffle his hair. He smiles and presses play on the blue ray player and I take a seat on the couch. He follows me and sits close beside me and puts a giant bowl of popcorn in between us.