Chapter 12

Liam's *POV*

"See you guys later." Niall's thick Irish accent says before he shuts the door and I know soon he will be here scolding me. I sit up in the lazy boy with confidence as I glare at the doorway, waiting for his appearance.

His small figure leans against the doorway and he is silent for a few seconds before his Irish accent comes out loud and angry. "What is wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?!" I argue.

"Shut up Liam. You're bloody ridiculous!" He yells, "you need to let Harry go. He's not a baby he is a grown boy. You can't protect him anymore."

I sigh and look away from Niall. He's right. I don't want him to be but he is. "I-I know I can but why can't I at least try. I don't want him to get hurt Niall."

When I look back up at him his face softens as he walks over to me, "listen Li, there are going to be times where he will get hurt, maybe by Louis but if not Louis someone else. It's a fact of life and when he's fallen you can be there to hold him. But, you have to stop this-this, protectiveness you have over him. It's not okay." Niall takes a seat beside me and pats my knee, "you are a great guy Liam, but it's time you let Harry live his own life so you can live your own."

"But-"

"There's no arguing with this Liam it needs to happen and you know it does." He cuts me off as he slyly slips closer to me and his arm wraps around my waist.

He's right though. I know I have to let Harry go. But I don't want to.

"You're right, I just don't think I'm ready for that change." I whisper and Niall nudges my shoulder.

"C'mon your fearless Li- well except for your abnormal 'fear' of spoons but that's beside the point. You can do it, I'll be hear to support you through it." Niall teases me and I nudge him back.

"You know what, spoons are disgusting. I much rather use a for a knife." I point out and Niall laughs. His head falling on my shoulder and I look down at him.

His face is red in laughter and his eyes are glistening before he looks up at me. His laughter died slowly and it all clicks. Our faces are so close, his nose practically touching mine as he looks up to my eyes in curiosity. I know I should move away but I can't. I watch as his eyes look down at my lips and a shiver runs just under my skin causing goosebumps to form.

His nose touches mine and I am brought back to reality from my trance-like state. I clear my throat as I back up and scratch the back of my head.

"Thanks Niall."

"For what?" He asks as he rests his head back on my shoulder and I lean back allowing him to cuddle into my chest.

"For everything." I mumble, "for being there for me, for, you know, helping me out, just for everything."

"No worries mate." He says as his head nuzzles into my chest and I wrap my arms around his smaller figure. "You should to tell him."

"Tell him what?" I ask as I play with the ends of his hair.

"That he can get pregnant." Niall whispers and I watch his eyes close.

"Maybe."

*******

Harry *POV*

I hum to a random tune as Louis and I walk towards the library. We have been out for an hour now but Louis insists we give Niall and Liam more time. We walk up the grand staircase towards the heavy library doors. Louis reaches out to open it when it opens up before he can touch the handle.