Chapter 1

12 years ago

I was playing downstairs when I heard my dad telling me to go get changed. I looked at my dad. "Dad where are we going?" I asked him. "The park sweetheart go get your teddy bear and your jacket."

I got my teddy bear now I'm walking to the car. Daddy put me in my car seat. I looked outside my window as my dad is driving. He looked like he had something on his mind. I saw the park.

We parked and dad took me out of my car seat. "Don't forget Timmy Amber." my dad told me. I went to go play. I saw dad talking to a lady he was laughing it looked like he having a great time.

I heard the ice cream truck I ran to daddy "Daddy I want ice cream?" I asked him. "Sure sweetie." Daddy gave me my ice cream and gave me a hug and a kiss on my head. "I love you sweetie." he told me. "I love u too daddy."

"Sweetie I have to go get something from the car I will be right back." then he took papers from his pocket and put it in my jacket pocket and zipped it up. "Don't lose those ok sweetie." I just nodded.

I waited for daddy. It started to rain. I sat under a tree. I looked at Timmy "I don't think daddy coming."

3 days later

I'm still waiting for daddy. I saw a man walking with 2 little boys they look with they were 8 years old. The one with brown eyes looked at me. Then said something to his dad I think. The man came up to me with the 2 little boys.

"Hi sweetheart! Are you here by yourself?' I looked at him and nodded "I'm waiting for my dad he said he was coming back." I told him. "When did he tell you that?" he asked again. "He was here a few days ago."

He looked mad but calm at the same time. Then he looked at his kids.

"Boys introduce yourself." he told them. The one with brown eyes and brown hair looked at me.

"I'm Mark and I'm 8 years old" I smiled at him and he smiled back. The boy with green eyes and blonde hair looked me "I'm Ricky and I'm 8 too" I smiled at him too. The man looked me "I'm James Ace and I'm 32."

"I'm Amber I'm 5 and this is Timmy my teddy bear." I told them "Let's go eat Amber you must be hungry and sweetheart I don't think your dad coming back and sweetie don't worry I work with the police." he told me in a sad voice and showed me his badge. I just nodded. We went to go eat at a burger place. I'm looking at the kitty menu.

Once I finish my food I said thank you and I was about to go back to the park. When James held my hand "Sweetie I know it not safe to go with strangers but I think you should come with me I don't want you in the park by yourself" he told me and I just nodded.

We went to his car and I sat in the back with Ricky. Then I fell asleep.

James POV

I was stocked when Mark told me there was a little girl in the park looking sad. I take in kids from foster homes but I never seen a girl it mostly boys I see.

She was so cute. She looked so cute sleeping. I'm driving to the police station to see if we can find her father. What kind of father leaves their kid in a park for days? "Dad what happens if we can't find her dad?" Mark ask me. "Son if we don't then I will take her in like the rest of your brothers I will care for her." I told him.

We got to the station. I picked her up and walked in with my boys behind me.

"Hey Sam I found this little girl in the park and she said her father left her there days ago." He looked at me. "I'll see what I can do."

I looked at her. She was waking up. "Hey sweetie do you know what your daddy name is." I asked her "John Knight" I looked at Sam he just nodded.

We waited for a few minutes. "Well he changed his number and he not at home or work so he might have left somewhere." Sam told me. "I'll take her in for now if anything comes up give me a call." I told him.

"Amber you're going to come home with me ok. You can call me James or Dad whatever one you want." She just nodded.

Amber POV

We pulled up to a big mansion. I looked at Mark and he just smiled at me.

The house is so big. Everything is beautiful.

James I mean Dad walked in the house. "Boys come down I have a surprise for you boys." I heard footsteps coming down the stair. There were 8 boys they are around my age. "Boys introduce yourself."

A boy with brown hair and green eyes came up to me "I'm Beau that's Luke and Jay and we are 7 years old." He pointed to the two boys who were fighting with each other. "The a boy with brown hair and blue eyes is Luke and the boy with Black hair and blue eyes is Jay"

Then there were two boys who looked like twins. The one with black hair and gray eyes looked at me "I'm Cole and that's Colton. We're 6 years old." he pointed to the boy with black hair and light brown eyes.

"I'm Ryan and I'm 5" a boy with blond hair and blue eyes said to me.

"I'm Damen and I'm 5 too" a boy with light brown hair and green eyes told me.

"I'm Alex and I'm 4" he has light brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Kayla and I'm the maid/nanny you are so cute." a lady with black hair and blue eyes came up to me and hugged me.

I looked at everyone they don't look related at all. "I'm Amber and I'm 5." I looked at Dad. "I'm not trying to be rude but why doesn't anyone look like you?' I asked him. "Sweetie I take in kids who don't have homes." he told me with a smile.

"Thank you dad for taking me in."

"No problem sweetie." He gave me a kiss on my head.

"Mark please take your sister to the 4th floor that's where her room will be and give her the biggest room up there."

I just follow Mark up stairs. I hugged Timmy tightly. Mark opened a door and we walked in. The room was huge it has a big bed, a huge TV, a bathroom and a walk in closet. There were these two big door that go outside.

I put Timmy on my bed and ran over to Mark and hugged him. "Thank you Mark you're the best brother." I kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm your big brother I will always protect you and I know the other boys will do the same. Dinner is in 3 hours rest for now and I'll come and get you later." He gave me a kiss on my head and tucked me in and left my room. Then dad came in.

"Hey baby girl I see Mark tucked you in we can get you new sheets for your bed later. Tomorrow we will redo your room and go shopping for clothes. Sleep dreams baby girl I love you my little princess."

"I love you too daddy."

Ever since that day everything changed in my life.