« 3 »

"j-jennie!?" i squealed in both excitement and disbelief.

"one and only" she giggled, showing her gummy smile which i loved the most.

"yaaaah!" i hugged her tight. she hugged back and i felt safe and warm.

jennie gave the best hugs. it made you feel so safe and peaceful. like you were in heaven for a couple of seconds.

minutes, even hours have passed. we talked. it felt like infinity. i didn't want it to stop, though. because there was something in her voice that made you feel calm, no matter the situation. i loved that feeling.

"who's junglebook?" she asked all of a sudden and i immediately froze.

i blinked a couple of times before finding the words to say "u-uhm j-just a-a fr-iend o-of min-ne"

damn. that sounded weird. i mentally facepalmed myself.

"just a friend? i wouldn't say he was 'just a friend' by the look on your face" she said with a mischievous smile on her lips, her cat-like shaped eyes now grown big and sparkly.

i rolled my eyes so hard i think i saw my brain. "just drop it jendeuk, will ya? i only met him yesterday." i scoffed.

i didn't want her to know he saved my life. damn, i didn't even want her to know i tried to take my life away...my thoughts' end was followed by a big sigh.

then i noticed jennie was just quiet and now staring at me. i felt drops of sweat falling from my forehead to my cheek. i was panicking.

"woah, baby, slow down. i was just admiring your look today." she told me honestly.

and i found myself blushing. i knew she noticed the change of my hair colour. my once blond locks were replaced with orange.

"you t-think so?" i asked with a nervous, small smile

"of course i do. you look magically beautiful, like a doll." she said looking at me from head to toe.

jennie was such a confident girl. she didn't fail to make others feel confident about themselves, too. i appreciated her so much. she really was special.

"thank you" i said quietly, smiling a big smile.

- •

the day went by pretty fast. i spent it with jennie. we binged to the vampire diaries the whole day. we kinda had a tradition, with jennie, i watched the vampire diaries. with chaeyoung, it was pretty little liars. and with jisoo, scream queens.

as i watched the sun disappear in the bomb of warm colours that painted the sky, i felt a light touch on my shoulder.

i turned around to see jennie with an unknown expression on her face. she was biting her lip hard.