Date Night

Here it is-Jase and Francesco's date! What do you think about their relationship? Leave a comment and give me some feedback--if you want to!

Thanks for making me feel like the luckiest author in the world!!!

<3 graciegray

*******

Claire had driven me to the mall, and was forcing me to look at clothes in every single store we saw. So far I had been to Victoria's Secret--which I had strongly protested against. I mean, Francesco's not going to see me wearing that stuff!!--and American Eagle, which I wasn't that into.

I was kind of getting impatient. All I wanted to do was to go to Volt like usual, but NOOO, Claire had gotten it into her brain that I wanted to go traipsing around the mall for three hours and look for clothes. 

If you couldn't tell, I needed some coffee. 

"Hey, um, C?" I asked, as she dragged me into the Gap. 

"Huh?" she mumbled absent-mindedly, pawing through a rack of pants, pulling out a pair, looking them over critically, and putting them back.

"Could we just go to Volt?" I asked, the walls of the crowded store seeming to close in on me. I took a deep breath, my head beginning to pound. My stomach felt queasy, I felt woozy and light-headed. 

"I-I need some...some air," I muttered, before heading for the exit on my shaky legs. 

"Jase?" Claire asked, dropping the pants and rushing after me. "Jase, are you okay?"

She caught up to me and put her hand on my arm.

I stopped walking, and Claire looked at me, her eyes roaming over my face before staring into mine.

She suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the Gap. I let her guide me into a small cafe and sit me down at a table.

The cafe was almost empty. I sucked in a lungful of air, and Claire let my hand go. 

"Sit here, okay?" she said. "I'll be right back."

I watched her absently as she went over to the bored-looking mang behind the counter and ordered something. She returned with two steaming drinks.

"Drink," she instructed, taking a seat opposite me. 

I took a sip of the drink, and shivered as the hot liquid warmed me. It was something I had never tasted before. It tasted like coffee, mixed with cocoa and vanilla and spices. It was delicious.

"W-what is this?" I asked Claire.

"A white-chocolate-and-cinnamon-and-nutmeg-mocha," she replied. "Finish it."

I did as she said, and by the time I was done, it had calmed my stomach and soothed my headache.

"Better?" Claire asked, looking at me with concern. 

I nodded. "Sorry," I muttered. "I don't know what came over me."

"I do," Claire said. "You're nervous for your date."

The moment she said it, I knew it was true. 

My heart started racing again, butterflies went crazy in my stomach and my breath began to come in gasps. 

"Sh, sh, sh," Claire soothed, quickly coming over to my side. "I'm sorry, hun, sh, take a deep breath."

I felt my eyes well up with tears. Wow. Where was this coming from? Was I hormonal or something?