Prologue: Morning

"Ahhhhh..." sighed Kira, he just woke up because of the sound of shouting outside his house. "Wake up, Kira. Time to work now." shouted by someone outside Kira's house. "This early... Uggh... Im still too tired..."

When Kira went outside, he saw the familiar scene of the town he lives in which is called Duran but then, he was greeted by a flying dagger on his door. "What the hell!" Kira reacted, "Nice dodge, Kira." said someone with a dark outfit. "Why do you always need to do this every morning, Alex?", "Because its... fun?". They both continued arguing until they locked sword to dagger. "I have enough, I just woke up. Please let me be in silence for a while!" yelled Kira, "Yeah, and its also been a while since we sparred. Fight me seriously this time." Alex said tauntingly, "GLADLY!" Kira replied as he raised his sword to strike down, Alex saw this and proceeded to unsheathe another dagger, Alex skillfully used his daggers to strike and defend at the same time. Kira saw through Alex's swift attacks and proceeded to side-step the blades and hit it to the side, making one dagger fly towards a girl not too far from them. "Watch out!" Kira yelled but it was too late, the blade was already inches from the girl. Suddenly, in a flash, the dagger went down to the ground instead of hitting the suprised girl. "Whew, I thought she was done for there, be careful next time around these 2 every morning, Yuuki." said a man with a bow. "You never miss a shot with a ranged weapon, Varin." replied Alex non-challantly as he picked up the dagger. "Eh, what do you expect from a marksman like me?" said Varin. "An expert when it comes to any, and I mean ANY long ranged weapon, though that's how expert he is in his pride is too." Kira thought as he apologized to the girl with the name Yuuki. "Im still getting you next time, Alex." threatened Kira but Yuuki already flicked and got ahold of him on the ear. "No, you don't Kira, you still have a day full of things to do." "Ow, don't worry." Kira then started mumbling about her as Yuuki stopped walking to listen to him, "What?" Then Alex butted in on the conversation, "He said that he will follow because he likes y--" but he was stopped as Kira punched him on the stomach. "Oh ho ho, look at the time, it's time to work." "Ow, what'd you do that for?" asked Alex, "Sshhh, it's not yet time for the revelation, Alex." Varin said as he finished it with a wink. "Why do I sense a bad feeling that you 2 are gonna do something crazy again to me." said the worried Kira but Alex and Varin just laughed it off.

They all went out of Kira's property. As they walked, Yuuki was whispering to herself. "Only in my dreams that he would like me or maybe thats what he is trying to say." as she thought about this, she looked at Kira then he returned the gaze and suddenly smiled. "Oh, I think he heard me." Yuuki thought as she looked away with a blush on her face but Kira didn't notice. "I think she got creeped out, slow it down, my friend." Varin whispered to Kira, "Yeah, you're right" Kira thought as he and Yuuki locked eyes again and looked away in embarassment. Then they stopped because thay finally reached their workplace in the middle of town.