Chapter 1: Mercenary Life

They all finally reached the Mercenary Hall where they accept missions for either fame, profit or maybe even a missions to the different realms like to the holy realm: Caelum or the dark realm: Infernum. "Hey, another day at the guild, and looks like death is visiting here again." Kira complained, "Are you sick, Kira? Its always you that likes this place so far." Alex replied. "No, he has a point, casualties from hunting and delivery are doubled and the reason why is still unknown." Varin said as he pointed to the infirmary.

"Look who's here." a mercenary said pointing at Kira, "One of the best mercenary out there in the realm of Terra. Why don't you fight with me." "No! he fights with me." another mercenary said. "I'll take you on both, if you defeated me, then at least you have a small chance of defeating Kira." Alex said as he stepped in front of Kira and the 2 other mercenaries. The 2 of them suddenly stopped and was shaken by the fact that the best assassin in their area is challenging them. "Friends really are there when you need them, ha, I love this team." Thought Kira as they proceeded to the middle of the hall.

"Ahhhhh, the familiar faces of my favorite mercenaries, out to do a mission today." Said the girl on the counter. "You know us, we like our lives like this. Got anything ranked A or above." Alex boasted. "I like the spirit, you are very lucky because there is only 1 class A mission here, unfortunately, the ranked S and SS are all taken by the top 5 teams here, sorry." Alice pointed on a board next to her. "We'll see into it." The group then looked at the board. "Hmmm, Dragon Hunting eh." Varin thought, "Well, we can't be picky, its the only A class mission here and the prize is 7500 Lamna." said Kira excitedly, "Well, let's get ready then." Yuuki suggested as they head onto the barracks after they grabbed the mission paper.

"Out on a mission again, yah?" the blacksmith asked, "Of course, after all, it's the mercenary's duty to do his part here." Kira said politely, "Hm, you guys are so lucky, when I was your age, I didn't pass the mercenary exam. But y'all made it look so easy as you defeated even the top mercenary teams last time in rank. Look at you now, top 7 out of 40 mercenary teams." the blacksmith replied as he continued to hammer the weapons he is making. "Well, off we go then." Varin said as they all waved goodbye at the blacksmith and all went to Mount Anguis.