1

Mary drank her tea slowly. She was trying to stall. Her older sister was still putting on makeup. "Hair up or hair down?" Salome asked her pouting her lips. "Any is good," Mary replied. She sighed. Their father was upstairs getting dressed for work. Her twin brother, Joshua, was eagerly eating breakfast beside her. She and Joshua were already dressed and they were waiting for their dad to drive them to school. Their father, Mr Adekoya was usually the quickest to get ready but today Mary had no idea what was keeping him.

"Dad," She called. "Hurry please. If not, we'll be late."

"Coming down in a second," his voice sounded from upstairs.

She sighed again, almost impatiently. Joshua smiled sheepishly beside her. "What's the rush sissy? Want to go and see that boyfriend of yours?"

She made a face at him and smacked him on the shoulder. "Ow," He pretended it hurt. She walked over to the couch to get her school bag. Just then their father came bounding through the stairs. "Ready to go?" He got his keys from the key rack.

"Wait papa, no breakfast?" Salome asked turning to face him.

"No greeting?" He mimicked her in the same high voice she used.

"Sorry daddy, good morning." She blushed a little. Salome hated being corrected in front of her younger siblings.

"How are you?"

"Fine papa. But are you not going to have breakfast?"

"No. I'm on a diet."

Mary snorted from her place on the couch. "Since when?"

"Its been a few weeks now," He answered, knotting his red Italian tie.

"Daddy what kind of diet encourages you to miss breakfast?" Mary asked.

"The most important meal of the entire day," Joshua chirped in.

"The type I am on, into the car children, no time for questions," He ordered and grabbed his briefcase.

Mary and Joshua simultaneously heaved a sigh and trudged outside towards the Mercedes Benz parked outside. Soon they were on their merry way.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Please keep reading to know what happens. Love, Daley.