•chapter 1•

Theo sighed heavily at the sound of Boris's father's car wheels screeching down the street. Yelling profanities and spiting at his son in disgrace. The brunet's heart ached at the sight of his best friend's eyes welling with tears, his fingers gripping his front door. The two boy's had the house to themselves. Boris telling his little love that the drunken man was probably off to the casino. Spending the last of their cents on wasted money sucking machines. They were rigged, everyone knew that. But the unwilling urge to go back poisoned their minds, screamed at forgiving fools to spend the last of their fortune until they were begging for more.

"hey." Theo's head shot up, his cheeks staining the hue of strawberries in embarrassment. Boris laughed lightly, smiling warmly when the boy's round-rimmed glasses fell down his nose. The raven locked boy pushed them up with his slender finger, his heart hammering against his rib cage at the heavenly sight of his friend. Their face's cherry as Boris slightly creased Theo's cheek delicately, like he was made of glass. That he'd break at a sudden harsh touch.

"hi." The taller boy took in the brunet's features, converse crossing together as he stood timidly, a long cream shirt tucked poorly into his overalls that swallowed him whole. Star kissed freckles dusting his face and Boris almost fainted when he saw them trail down below his collarbones. The moonlight hued boy frowned as he felt under-dressed. A worn black sweatshirt, skinny jeans and ragged combat boots that he wouldn't be surprised if they fell apart. He sighed softly, rolling his eyes playfully before grabbing the other boy's hand and yanking him into his house, making Theo squeal.

A/N
First books thots
Hope you enjoy!