Prologue

Indiana is a very small state... But a lot happens.

 "Fucking die already!!"

 Like demons that just won't die.

 Veronica snarled and kept smacking the black-leather covered humanoid. Its face was chopped to bits but apparently, Veronica hadn't hit the damned thing's heart. She panted hard. Her body was covered in ichor and it was starting to burn.

"Calm down and focus." A smooth voice spoke behind her. Veronica whipped around, hissing. Her mother, red-headed and blue-eyed was glaring at her.

Veronica was short, with short brown hair to match. Her skin had tanned from her being out in the sun a ton during that time when she was younger and had seen a demon, she had become terrified, always staying in the sun. Her mother, however, wasn't as tan, with long red hair and an hourglass body.

The woman that looked amazing no matter what had given birth to a failure. That's all Veronica really knew. Veronica grumbled and turned back to the demon, it's destroyed face bubbling and steaming.

"Hey... calm down..." A deep rumbling voice, almost resembling a purr, came to Veronica's ears. She slowly looked up at the man that was crouched in front of her. It was her father. He had brown hair and hazel eyes, he was kind and gentle, unlike her mother. It was odd that they fit "opposites attract" perfectly.

"Mom! Dad! I can do this perfectly fine!" She shouted, holding the seraph blade in her hands.

"Beating its head in isn't how you reach its heart. It's towards the base of its skull, quick and clean, kill it." Her mother said, voice cold and callous. Veronica growled, pulling the sword back before stabbing it straight through the beast's heart. It dissipated beneath her. 

Her father clapped enthusiastically, she dragged her eyes up to him before sighing and rolling her eyes. She turned and got up from his crouched position, quickly walking away.