The talk

I woke up around 1 pm with a terrible headache and my throat didn't really feel good as well. I pushed my blanket away and slowly looked around. The same walls, the same pictures, the same everything. This was my room. Thank god I didn't end up in someone else their room. 

'Hey sweetie. Did you sleep well?' my mom says as she walks into my room.

'Mom, come on. How many times do I have to tell you to knock.' I pull the blankets back up.

'Just trying to be nice and you know what? I shouldn't be this nice since you came home covered in puke. Again.' She looked at me. Not really angry. I guess it was disappointment that I saw in her eyes.

'Yeah I know mom.' I sigh deeply and look at her as she sits down on my bed.

'Look Sidney.. this isn't healthy anymore. You're wasted every single night, you always end up alone, you're clothes are always covered in puke when you come home and David is no where to see. Do you have to tell me something?'

I took a deep breath. I didn't wanna tell her. I mean, I already know what she's gonna tell me. David isn't good for you. You should break up with him. Stop drinking. Stop smoking. etc. But it wasn't that easy. I knew what David was capable of. If I would break up with him, who knows what would happen. 

'Come on you can tell me. I won't tell anyone. Just me and you.'

I didn't say something for a minute and just looked around my room.

'Well.. David keeps giving me alcohol to drink and weed to smoke. And when I throw up he just leaves me alone in an alley.. But like I love him. '

'Do you really love him? Do you? Or do you love the alcohol and weed that he gives you? Do you love it when he forgets about you? Do you love it when he dumps you for his friends? Do you love it how he always fights with you about every small thing?'

Just a moment of silence again. 

'No..' 

'Exactly. Don't you want someone who will care about you and someone who will love you for who you are? Who wants to hang out with you not only in the night. David isn't like that. You deserve better.'

'Mom please.. I don't want to hear this right now.' I pull the blanket all the way over my head. 

I can feel my mom getting off my bed. 'Okay okay. I'll leave you alone. But I found this in your jacket. You might want to check it out.' I hear the sound of paper next to my head followed by her footsteps and the sound of my door closing.

I slowly push away my blanket and grab the paper. It was just a small piece of paper. I rub my eyes and look down. 

"Call me when you find this okay? Love, Justin."

I twist the paper around and see his number. Justin.. Justin who? I close my eyes to think. Justin! The Justin guy who brought me home. I quickly grab my phone and type in his number. Should I call him? Isn't that weird?