Our Perfect Infinity - Chapter Two.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that guys are like stars. There are millions of them, but only one can make your dreams come true. It's the star that falls for you.

~Marisas' POV~

A few days later, we were invited to a ball. I wore a beautiful red, white and black checkered dress which came up to the knee. It had a white collar with short sleeves. It was Nicks' favourite so I dressed to impress. To be honest, he found me attractive in everything I wore but tonight was special. Tonight would be our Perfect Infinity. 

''You look as gorgeous as the first day I layed eyes on you.'' He complimented me, taking my hand, suggesting a dance.

''Not so bad yourself.'' I smirked, glancing down at what he was wearing. I took his soft hand as our fingers interlocked. We stood facing, each other, his shoulders broad and back straight. All his focus and attention was all on me. He made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. 

After a slow dance which contained plenty of lifts and air throws, we took to the sidelines whilst I sat down trying to catch my breath and settle my adrenaline. As his phone went off, signaling he had an incoming call, he unlocked his phone by sliding the lock to the right and held the phone to his left ear. Putting one finger in his right ear to block the noise of the music, his smile dropped, forming into a worried facial expression. I looked at him with concern, drawing my eyebrows together. Standing up, I went over to comfort him but before I could, he raced out of the ballroom hall. I stood there, in confusion. I decided it was best to try and follow him. I ran out of the hall too, but became lost in which direction he went when I came to a hallway leading in various directions. Using my common sense, I went outside into the night air. I searched for his car, knowing where he parked it. He was no where to be seen...

Afterwards, I went home and tried to contact him. It didn't ease my worry when my call was rejected. This meant his phone was switched off. I was worried sick! I paced a lot that night. I couldn't help myself. I felt so useless! Keeping his distance from me in no way loosens my affection for him.