Chapter One - Intro

Walking into the school known as North Camden High for the morning roll call, I looked over to see the Director of the school talking to the King and Queen of Camden. I had never expected to see them here. My best friend Noire Kingston popped up beside me and took my arm "the royal highness's are here" she said and smiles happily "I wonder why?" I asked looking at my best friend "you remember the story the Queen said when she came here for the tenth anniversary of her missing daughter?" Noire asked "yeah, we were like ten then" I said "yeah well, on the twentieth of this month, its her daughters birthday" she said "the same day as mine" I said "you should be extremely happy, although everyone is jealous of you"

As we sat down for assembly, the King and Queen stepped up "good morning students of North Camden High, in the next few days we celebrate our missing Princess's birthday, she will be turning sixteen this month" the Queen said "the young Princess has the heirloom of our Kingdom, one of our servants took our daughter and never came back to us" the King said "I hope that we all pray for our daughters return" the Queen said as the King helped his wife off the stage and towards the carriage awaiting to take them back to their Palace.

After school that day, Noire and I went to my house, my mother inviting her over because she knew we could never be inseparable. "Good evening Ms Andrews" Noire said as we walked into the door "good evening Noire, how was school today?" my mother asked "the King and Queen came to our school today, we are celebrating the missing Princess's birthday in the next few days, the King even told us of the heirloom that was given to the Princess before a servant took her away and never came back" Noire said as I walked into my room and put my bag on my bed and looking through my drawers for some clothes.

My hands touched something that felt like a tiara and I pulled it out and my eyes widened "Noire! Mom!" I called out and they came running into my room "is this the heirloom the missing Princess has?" I asked "you need to know the truth Alexia" my mom said and I turned to her. We sat at the dining table as my mom explained to me what happened while Noire sat the tiara on her head and fawned over how cute it was. "So you took me away because of a jealous King wanting to kill me?" I asked "I did, your parents didn't want you in the Palace when he came so I took you, your birthday is in a few days, I planned to take you back on your sixteenth birthday so you can reunite with them" my mom said.

"I don't want to be the Princess, I like my life the way it is, with you and Noire" I said "every girl wants to be a Princess, even me" Noire said "let Noire take my place then" I said "really?" Noire asked "yes, then I can live my life and she can live the life she wanted" I said. "The King and Queen don't know what their daughter looks like, so it's a perfect plan" Noire said and I nodded "of course, I will take Miss Noire back as Alexia Del Norte" my fake mother said and I nodded "I hope it is everything you dreamed of" I said to Noire and she hugged me "thank you for making my dreams come true Alexia" Noire said and takes the tiara in her hands "I have some dresses that will fit you, I will call the King and Queen to bring a carriage around" the woman said and Noire said and I helped her find the perfect dress.

After the carriage took Noire away with the tiara gleaming on her head, I went back to my perfect life, since I lived alone, I wouldn't have to pay the rent since it was under the servants name. I went to school the next day and saw Noire get hoarded with people, some wanting to be her friend, some that was jealous. She smiled and waved at me and I did the same back, sitting down at the cafeteria table and ate my food. In class, Noire sat beside me and we talked quietly during class "how is the Princess of Camden doing?" I asked her "the Palace life is hard, but with royal advisers to help me, it's getting by easily" she said "you even wear your crown to school" I said.

"Of course, I must show the people how proper I am, especially with eating food, the Queen gets a dress made for me for every day, for every occasion, even your mom has been very nice to ease suspicion" Noire said "I am so sorry you have to deal with things not even I can deal with" I said and she holds a hand up "it's fine, I want you to be happy and if not being in the Palace makes you happy, then I am happy to help my best friend, also I have an upcoming  ball coming up and I am allowed to invite you, although we share the same same" Noire said "I'd love to come" I said and bounced quietly and happily in her chair.

After school, I dropped by the shops and bought a baby pink gown, with low heel shoes and went home, I texted Noire asking her when it was and she told me it was this weekend, I left my dress in my closet and my shoes as well and got on with my days leading up to the ball. The day before the weekends ball, I went to school and hung out with Noire. She told what day and when it started. I had never seen my best friend so happy.