Ch. 1 Bad News

Allison's POV

     I just got down the stairs to go eat dinner when I hear my parents talking about Jess's college, but then I hear something about... Moving? But who would be moving in our family.

"Who's moving?," I asked my family as I got down the stairs.

There was a long silence between us then. They must not have known I was there.

"Al," my father started," Your mother and I have been thinking. Since Jess is going to college and it is in Wyoming, well your mother and I thought maybe we're going to move there with her."

"We're m-m-moving," I stuttered. But I want to start high school here in Massachusetts with my friends. Why can't Jess go with her boyfriend. I'll have to make new friends and it's not that easy. I had just learned almost everyone's name in my grade. And we're MOVING!", I screamed to them the last part a little too loud.

"Allison calm down,"my sister said.

"NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MOVE WITH JESS BECAUSE SHE IS LIVING IN THE DOOM AND IS NEVER GOING TO SEE US," I shouted.

"That's enough Allison," my mother scolded," now go to your room."

     I cannot believe they are making us move with her. It doesn't all add up. Or maybe there's more behind of it. But why wouldn't they tell me about it. I just need someone to take all this pressure off of me moving.

     So I pick up my phone and text someone I know that won't keep secrets from me.

A - Allison
L - Lila

Hey Lila ~ A

Hey Ali ~ L

I have bad news ~ A

What's wrong Ali ~ L

I'm moving ~ A

When did you find out about this ~ L

Couple of minutes ago ~ A

Look I haven't been completely honest with you ~ L

What do you mean by that ~ A

I already knew you were moving ~ L

After I read that message I just started crying. My best friend had been lying to me the whole time. Well not exactly lying but keeping secrets. We don't do that but apparently she does. I can't believe her. I think I ought to just go to bed. But it's only 5:20. I'm just done with life anymore.