02 || 아주 오래전부터 너를

02 || Dani
For a very long time, I've

My legs were all jelly. We were finally moving back to Korea. It saddened me at first, thinking about leaving all my friends behind in America but I was also very excited. One of the reasons is my best friend Hyunjin. Gosh, how I've missed him.

I talked about him so much that my friends in America thought that he was my boyfriend. It took two long weeks to persuade them that out relationship was nothing like that. Sure I had a crush on him, but I was really young at that time and didn't realize that having a good friend was better than a boyfriend-girlfriend-relationship. I wouldn't dare to anything to sabotage our friendship.

"Dani, look out the window. We're here." My mom pointed out the window. It was afternoon and the sun was shining brightly. I could see the tall modern buildings, then the smaller and more traditional houses. It made my feel all the more excited. A new start awaited.

As I stepped out the plane, I inhaled the Seoul air. "Ah, smells like home." It felt good.

"Darling, please don't do that." Mom laughed. I realized other people were laughing also. Not in a bad way though.

I clung onto my mom's arm. She didn't say anything but I knew she was thinking of dad. This is was our first trip to Korea without him. I tightened my hold, we both knew there would be no more trips anywhere with him. She squeezed my hand back.

"Are you okay, mom?" I leaned my head onto her arm.

"Of course, I am." Mom was always like this. Never willing to open up to me. Even when I would find her crying by herself, she would tell me that she's okay and that I shouldn't mind her.

"I'm here if you need me." She smiled faintly and walked away, ignoring what I said.

"Come on now, Hyunjin must be waiting for you."

We picked up out luggages and headed for the Arrivals exit.

I spotted Hyunjin right away. He had wandered away from his family and was at a far distant from them.I couldn't help but laugh at him looking so lost, holding a sign that read our names. He looked so funny and adorable at the same time.

My mom went ahead and greeted Hyunjin's mom. I stood there, close to the exit, hiding from him. He was walking towards a little girl, then back up. Hyunjin probably thought that little girl was me, what a dork.

He turned his back to me and I saw my chance. It was hard to be sneaky because of the luggage I was dragging with me but the sound of wheels rolling along the floor echoed throughout the airport, so Hyunjin couldn't even notice.

I clasped my hands around his eyes. I could feel Hyunjin freezing.

"Guess who?"

It didn't even take Hyunjin two tries to pry my hands off. I swear I tried to with some effort to not release but Hyunjin had gotten a lot stronger. His hands were so big and strong, he could easily take my hands off his eyes.

Hyunjin had also grown taller. But so have I. He always kept teasing me about how short I was but now the tables have turned and I'm not really that much shorter than him. But nonetheless, he's still taller than me.