Pressure and Anxiety

Prince Darren paced around the room. He was about to meet the girl he was arranged to marry.  Will she like me? What if I don't like her? Oh god I have to marry her! I'm only nineteen! Thoughts paced through Darren's head. He ran his hand through his curly hair, and stared at his reflection. Am I good looking? I have way too many freckles don't I. Oh my god what if  she thinks I'm ugly! Darren stopped and realised that he had to pick an outfit, quickly, he chose a navy blue suit. Finally, to finish his look he put his crown on his head, a symbol of power, a title, but not who he felt he really was.

             Knock! Knock! Someone was banging on the door. Darren rushed to get it. What if it's  her? Slowly, he opened the door... it was a servant. 

" Princess IsaBelle is awaiting your presence, your highness" the poor servant uttered, the servants were underpaid and and Darren couldn't do anything about it, so, he treated them with much kindness. 

             "Well, luckily, I'm coming right this instant" Darren smiled. He smiled a lot, but that was a lie he told too much. He sighed and started walking down the spiraling staircase, pondering about his anonymous soon to be wife. Is she nice? I truly hope she's kind hearted...

As soon as he reached the floor, he could see his father, tall and regal. He could almost already hear his reprimanding voice shouting at him for being late. The King Jastin was a tall, well-built man who stood straight and always looked you in the eye, as if he knew all your secrets. 

"Father, I am so very sorry for being late I-"

"Don't try to create such excuses, you are a disgrace. Poor IsaBelle has been waiting for you" 

"Yes Father, I understand"

"Very well, but when you meet her don't shake"

"I uh-oh well" 

              Darren nodded his head and continued to the morning dining room. The family has four dining rooms, three for main meals, and the last one for guests. Seeing as IsaBelle is "soon to be part of the family" she's allowed in the main ones. 

           Suddenly, he encounters a thin brunette with a short dress and a large grin on her face. Obviously, this is the IsaBelle. His two sisters were sitting next to her. Mariana and Haila, they're twins and also annoying. Mariana was hoping to get married earlier than Darren but no one seemed to be interested in her (I wonder if has something to do with her being a compulsive liar). Haila is a shy but manipulative kind of girl who always got what she wanted (not the throne  though).

IsaBelle started to stand up, no doubt she's beautiful but is she a genuine person? 

"Prince Darren of WaterMoore, my fiancé," she smiles at Darren ", are you shaking? I thought you were supposed to be fit for being a king, and my husband". 

Darren was as red as both his sisters' hair.  He truly was shaking, suddenly he began to feel his head feel heavy. Black. Everything was black. Darren was now realizing he fainted, which was great, seeing as fiancé already hates the sight of him.

This is my first novel thing so go easy on me but the next chapter is coming next week and will be longer...           -Pandawriter ;)