Riding a terrifying creature

OOPS IM BACK I took a break from writing but I kinda need it to stay sane so... here it is:

A dragon. Should I be scared? No. Am I scared? Hell yes.

            The dragon probably lived in the forest. Seeing as there's a wooden hut behind it; the wood of the hut was worn down and likely old or not taken care of, bugs crawling within the crevices. The dragon on the other hand, seemed to be strong and healthy. Its grey metallic scales were glimmering in the few rays of sunshine peaking through the trees.

"You are a majestic creature" Darren muttered under his breath.

"I am not any creature", a woman's voice responded. It was the dragon.

"I'm very sorry, I've only seen dragons in films, I thought they were all extinct."

"The king, killed all except three dragons."

"The King? What do you mean? How do you know?"

"You should know. He's your father"

"Busted, aren't I"

Darren looked at his feet. "I ran away, I hate my dad."

The dragon nodded and chuffed. "Where do you want to go?"

"Far from the castle"

"I am Tharris, by the way"

"Darren"

"I know. I'm taking you to a town of elves, they know nothing of politics"

Darren knitted his brows.

"Hop on my back."

            Darren then noticed how huge she was. Her height was almost of a tree and her claws were the size of half of Darren's body. He climbed onto her scales and used them as steps. He was curious, but decided to say nothing.
"I've never ridden a dragon before"
"Are you scared, young prince?"
"Nope. Not scared at all"
To be frank: Darren was terrified.
As her leathery wings began flapping, Darren's stomach was bubbling. He hadn't ever been this high up in the air before. While moving.
"How much longer 'till the village?" Darren asked.
"Darren, we've been flying for a minute"
"Oh... Right"
"You're scared" the dragon sighed.
Darren didn't want to hurt her feelings but it was true he was terrified of her.
As they continued on in the sky Darren seemed to get used to the wind and the altitude. He realized that there was no point in being scared of an innocent creature.
Abruptly, her wings stopped flapping and they glided down closer to land.
"Are we here?"
"No, I'm tired"
"Who's that woman"
"My dearest friend she will take you to the elf village"
          Darren stepped down to stand in front of the middle aged woman. She looked sternly at the boy. Darren felt a tingling sensation chase his spine. Tharris  huffed for the woman to speak. When she didn't Tharris had to speak for her.
"This is Ms. Golden, Ms Golden, this is Darren"
"Why are you helping the son of a villainous man!" Ms Golden yelled.
Darren sighed, having to explain himself yet again, "I don't support my father's actions or who he is".
Ms Golden rolled her eyes at him then looked and Tharris.
"At least give him the map" Tharris sighed.
        Reluctantly, Ms Golden shoved the map into Darren's hands. Darren climbed back onto the dragon's back. As Ms Golden waved at Tharris, her wings began flapping.
        They reached the clouds and Darren asked " Does Ms Golden have abilities?"
"Oh yes, she can read minds, how did you know?"
Darren didn't say anything back. Tharris reached the village quickly.
"I guess this is our goodbye, huh" Darren said.
"I guess it is... well, goodbye"
And just like that Tharris the dragon flew away.