Part 6

You sat on your sofa, tapping away on your laptop trying to finish up your presentation for tomorrow's meeting. You weren't sure why you worked in finance, it was boring but you were good at it and it paid incredibly well. You'd never be able to afford the place you lived if it weren't for your amazing salary and even better quarterly bonus. Plus you'd met Willie, and in turn met Niall.

Niall and you were not spending time together tonight, but had arranged dinner at his tomorrow night. You'd got loads to finish up for work and he wanted to catch up on some work in preparation for his trip to The Masters next week. The prospect of Niall being away for 10 days didn't worry you.

After your late night last night with Niall you were exhausted by 10:30pm. You saved the final part of your presentation and shut down your laptop.

When you climbed into bed all you could smell was him. His scent was all over the pillow he'd slept on. You snuggled yourself up against it and began to text him.

"I can smell you in my bed. It smells good. I miss you x"

"I miss you to petal, did you finish your work? X"

"Yeah all done, how about you?"

"Yeah all plans sorted for next week. You all tucked up in bed?"

"Yeah, someone wore me out last night. 😉"

"Didn't hear you complaining!"

"I'll never complain about you between my thighs. Just tired, and I've got this presentation tomorrow that I'm worried about."

"Naughty girl! Anyway why you worried?"

"Just an important client I need to impress."

"You want me to come over and calm your nerves?"

"God as much I'd love you to come over and show exactly how you would do that, I need to sleep. You're too distracting with your handsome good looks."

"Ha! Ok ok I'll see you tomorrow for our date. Sleep well. 😘"

"You to Ni xxxx"

You snuggled down under the covers cuddling up to his pillow and fell asleep.

Willie was already at his desk when you walked into the office the next morning. He'd been a sweetheart and had placed a coffee on your desk.

"You know Mr Devine if you keep doing cute things like this for me the office gossips will start spreading rumours about us" you whispered to him before smirking.

"Hate to break it to you Miss Spencer but they already gossip and spread rumours about us!" He whispered back.

"Works in our favour I suppose since we are both trying to hide our new relationships." You said.

"It does. So you ready for your presentation?"

"Yeah, nervous though I hate standing up and talking like that. Wish I could just print it off and hand it out."

"You'll do great. I'll do the supportive nods and agreements."

"Ha! Thanks!"

The presentation went great and you wondered what you'd been worried about. Willie had as promised supported you and it hadn't gone unnoticed with your boss. You'd just reached your desk when your boss called you in to his office. He was an older gentleman, nearing retirement but you all knew he'd carry on working past 65. He was a good man and you had flourished under his management in the past year at the company.

"Great presentation Charlotte, think Frank and his team from the Glasgow office were impressed."

"Thanks I hope that what I've advised them to do after seeing their site and helping them up there makes a difference."