Chapter 4

The drive wasn't that long. Maybe 10 or 20 minutes? To Lily, it felt like a lifetime. What was her new life going to be like?

The car stopped, causing Lily to snap out of her gaze. She looked at Harper curiously. Harper had gotten out of the car and opened Lily's door. She stood by it, waiting for Lily to get out. With caution, Lily got out, taking in her surroundings.

"Saf, what's the meaning of life?", asked Nick, as he span around on a spinning chair in Safya's room. He was by the window, occasionally looking out of it when the chair passed by it.

Safya let out a soft laugh, a smile on her face. She shook her head gently as she laughed. "Nick, I love you mate"

Nick laughed, throwing his head back as he did so. These moments weren't rare. No day went by where Nick didn't say something to make Safya laugh or vice versa. They might have fairly monotonous lives but together, they enjoyed every moment. Something caught Nick's eye. Or someone.

"Miss C's just pulled up in her drive-way with someone", said Nick, curiosity in his voice.

Safya furrowed her eyebrows and went to the window. "Miss C's barely got time off from work though"

Nick shrugged. "That's what I thought. Maybe she got a holiday?"

Safya looked at the person with Harper. A girl. She looked like she was her age. There was one distinctive thing about her though; she was beautiful. 'Absolutely gorgeous' as her mother would say. Mind you, that was normally when she was looking at some photos Safya took for her Photography projects. This girl was like that though; a work of art that was photogenic in every way. She couldn't help but feel slightly insecure.  "The girl with her might be her niece or something", said Safya, not taking her eyes off the girl.

Nick didn't even have to shift his focus to the girl- he was already looking at her. Smooth skin, eyes that you could get lost in. Perfectly sized lips. 'Did an angel get lost or something?', he thought to himself. "I think we should go and say hi"

Safya played with her hair nervously. After a few seconds, she spoke. "Sounds good. Let's wait till tomorrow though. It's late so we should get some sleep", she said.

"It's only Saturday though", said Nick, turning the chair so he was now facing her.

Safya gave a small nod. "I know but it's still really late. If Miss C's came back this late she probably had to make a trip to get however the girl is. Let them both rest"

Nick nodded, letting out a soft sigh. He got off the chair and moved it back to where it was, neatly by her desk. He grabbed his coat and headed for the door. "Thanks for the Lasagne by the way. It tasted great"

Safya smiled. "I'll tell Mum you liked it. Remember to take some home, it's on the kitchen table in a tub", she said.

Nick nodded. "Thanks, though I'm not sure my Mum will like it. She can't stomach Spicy food"

"It's only got 2 tablespoons of chilli powder in", said Safya.

"Saf, my Mum accidentally took the smallest bite of a chilli and started screaming", said Nick, laughing a little.

Safya laughed, her pearly white teeth showing. Her eyes lit up as she laughed and her dimples made an appearance. She tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. "God I do love your mum"

Harper walked inside and put all of Lily's things away. There wasn't much to store because she owned very little. Lily was still stood outside, admiring the view. She loved the breeze against her skin and the scent of freedom. This was what freedom felt like, wasn't it? She didn't know. All she knew wad the simple definition of the word after having been taught it by Harper a 2 weeks ago.

Nick walked out of Safya's house and waved to her, smiling as she waved back from her window. He crossed the road and his eyes met with Lily's. She studied him carefully as he crossed the road, transfixed by a new face she hadn't met before. Nick gave her a smile as he made his way into his house. Lily looked at him as he went into his house. She smiled, mimicking Nick's smile. She had smiled beforw but this time she just did it for the sake of it.

"Lily, come inside now. Welcome to your new home", said Harper with a smile.

- - -

Hi! Sorry that the Chapter is shorter but I really wanted to post a chapter! I might make more shorter chapters so the story will be longer but I haven't properly decided yet! Please let me know your thoughts because I'd love to hear them! Thankyou so much for reading!