Chapter 21

Jade

Perrie had her arm looped over my waist, and the other tucked in her chest. Her hair was a mess of cascading blonde waves. She looked so peaceful sleeping.

As gently as I could, I took her arm and lifted it off my waist. Then I slowly inched out of the bed and placed her arm down again.

Perrie groaned and turned in her sleep. I paused, afraid that my cover had been blown.

She was still sleeping.

I let out a soft sigh of relief. I tiptoed to the living room, and started to get ready. It was fifteen minutes to midnight, then it would be Perrie's birthday. I took out my phone and plugged it into the stereo. There was a reason why I wanted the love song in the fifth album to be recorded before Jesy and Leigh's. I'd even managed to chase the two out for the night, since they mostly stayed with us now that we slept in pairs, and we were nearer to the studio.

The song played on low, but high enough to be heard from Perrie's room, but not enough to wake her up. There actually wasn't much to prepare, just lighting a few candles and setting the mood.

I had a stash of pink scented candles somewhere in the kitchen. My slight fear of the dark didn't help much, but for Perrie, I was willing to face anything. I took a flashlight and crept into the kitchen. Perrie probably wouldn't be awake, but it still helped to be cautious.

I bent down, and switched on the flashlight. The cupboard was dusty, but I stuck my hand in and searched around for a packet of candles.

Suddenly, my vision was blinded by some hands. I panicked and dropped the flashlight.

Was it Jed? Could he have came back for revenge?

I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Goodness, Jade!" Someone familiar shouted.

"W—who?" I managed to ask. I was too scared to think rationally.

The person pressed her body to my back.

"Perrie, of course." She pulled her hands away and hugged me, "sorry if I scared you."

I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Who do you think it was?" She asked. I blushed.

"N—no one," I looked away. Perrie went to switch on the light and I rubbed my eyes to get used to the brightness.

"What are you doing out here? And why is the music playing?" She asked. She sounded so concerned and sincere, I felt guilty for worrying her.

"How did you wake up?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"If I didn't know that my baba wasn't in bed with me, I'd be a terrible girlfriend," She chuckled. I gave her a light peck on the nose.

"You'll never be a terrible girlfriend, no matter how horrible." I smile.

"Well, of course, because I'm amazing!" She flicked her blonde hair sassily and faked an accent. I laughed as I made a cup of tea for us.

"You haven't told me what you're doing out here, baba?" Perrie wrapped her arms around my waist, laying her head in my back.

"You'll know soon," I smiled. I passed her her cup of tea and she let go.

"You're the best." She kissed me on the cheek. I smile and sipped my tea. I looked at the clock just right of Perrie's messy blonde hair.

Thirty seconds...

"Where's Jes and Lee?" Perrie asked, noticing that they were gone.

"Probably on a date," I lied.

Twenty-five...

"You make the best tea, Jadore," Perrie gave me a peck on the cheek. I blushed.

"We could open a cafe." I joked.

"We could make money!" Perrie squealed excitedly.

"Aren't we rich enough already?" I laughed.

"True..." Perrie shrugged.

Ten...

"Ten more seconds, Perrie." I told her. She smirked.

"You seem more excited than me, Jadore." She chuckled.

Five...

We looked at each other in the eye.

Three...

So close...

One...

I leaned in and pressed my lips onto Perrie's. She was hesitant at first but after a few seconds, this hesitance turned to eagerness.

Perrie moaned, her hands reaching for my arse. I bite her lips and she opens her mouth, my tongue taking the opportunity to slide in. I let out a sound of my pleasure when she slides her tongue over mine.

We stay locked in this position, me pressed against the kitchen countertop with Perrie pressed to me, our lips intact. She only parted when we needed to breathe.

"Happy birthday, Perrie."