Chapter 1: Senior Year

*Lydia's POV*

"Dude! Stop putting the roof up! It's way too hot in here!" I whined, clutching onto the steering wheel harder.

I was currently driving to school with my two friends, Piper and Adrienne. We'd been friends since freshman year in high school all the way through to now, the beginning of our senior year.

Today, they were being more annoying than usual by messing up my car that I got for my birthday last month. It was a black Kia convertible and I was in love with it. The girls were being dumb little shits, playing with the radio and winding the windows up and down.

"It's getting hot in herre, so take off all your clothes!"

"I am getting so hot, imma take my clothes o-"

"GUYS. SHUT. UP." I almost yelled as we drove into school. After a few seconds, we all burst out laughing.

I found a parking space right outside school, put my convertible roof up and locked the car, walking alongside the girls into school.

I'm Lydia Holland. I'm from Los Angeles and I'm currently starting my senior year of high school. We've been back in school for around two weeks, and I'm already bored.

It's not because I don't have good grades because I do. I work hard and get the best grades that I can, but I'm not a nerd. I know quite a lot of people in my school but I wouldn't really consider myself as popular. I'm just really social.

Anyway, us three girls walked into school, Piper's brown hair, Adrienne's blonde hair and my black hair swishing behind us. I waved and said hi to a few people as we walked to our lockers.

Today I kept my outfit simple: denim skinny jeans, baby pink peplum top and white pumps.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books for the morning when Adrienne wolf-whistled next to me.

"Hot piece of meat numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 walking this way, ladies."

I shut my locker and turned to look, but rolled my eyes when I saw who it was.

Rocky Lynch.

Rocky was the king of our school: he was the most popular boy, alongside his friends Jake, Tristan and Caspar, he was on the football team and all the girls swooned over him.

All except me.

Believe it or not, Rocky and I were best friends since the age of four. We were joined at the hip, you'd never see me without Rocky or Rocky without me.

We stayed the best of friends all the way through Pre-K, elementary and middle school, but when we got to high school, things started to change.

Rocky became popular, and I think it went to his head. He started ignoring me and leaving me while he went with is new popular friends.

He started sleeping around, cheating, and getting his record for the biggest player in the school.

And the worst part is that we haven't spoken since the start of freshman year.

So yeah, I wasn't that impressed when he walked past.

"Oh my god, can I have Rocky, like now?" Piper sighed dreamily, leaning against her locker.

"Ew." I scoffed. "He's a man-whore, Piper. The lowest of the low."

"Oh please, Lyds, you used to be best friends with him. You can't say that about your best friend." Adrienne replied, folding her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow at me.

"I can because he's not my best friend. He used to be, but not now." I said.

Just then, the bell rang for first period.

"Oh, saved by the bell." I chuckled. "Ill meet you lunchtime, girls. Love ya!"

I blew them a kiss before walking to my first class, which was Math, and avoiding anymore confrontation.

A/N: so here's my new story guys!:)

It's coming soon, this is just a sampler, I'm finishing TFT before I write this one, but I wanted some feedback on it:)

Let me know what you think of it!

Em :) x