Chapter 47: Cookies

"Sophia, please stop eating the cookie dough!" I pleaded with my daughter, who was standing on the chair next to me, putting her fingers into the gloopy cookie dough.

"It's nice Mommy!" Sophia huffed, folding her arms across her apron-clad chest.

Rocky had been living with us for about a month now and had bonded so well with Sophia. It was as if he'd never been away. Sophia was definitely turning into daddy's little angel, she loved him so much and he felt the same. This week was my last week at home before I go back to school and start college. I would be quite late enrolling but I could catch up easily. And this would be Sophia's last few weeks at home because she would be starting school soon. So we were making the most of our time and were doing as many fun things as possible.

"I know it is. But it'll be even nicer once the cookies are cooked, okay?" I chuckled as I moved her chair over to me slightly. "Are you gonna help Mommy make the cookies into shapes?"

My little girl's eyes lit up as she nodded eagerly, making me laugh.

We had cut out the cookies into different shapes before I put them into the oven to cook. I let Sophia sit on the countertop to help me dry the dishes. Since we didn't have a lot of dishes I decided to clean them by hand instead of using the dishwasher.

We were halfway done with the dishes when we heard the door being unlocked and opened.

"Daddy!" Sophia yelled, jumping down off the countertop and almost giving me a heart attack because I thought she'd hurt herself. She ran down the hall in her little pink furry slippers and Rocky picked her up and spun her around above his head.

"Hey!" Rocky laughed as he heard Sophia's loud giggles. He let her down and propped her on one of his hips, putting his guitar down with the unoccupied hand. "Well something smells very good in here."

"We made cookies!" Sophia exclaimed, clapping her little hands together and making me smile and Rocky laugh.

Rocky walked into the kitchen with Sophia, sending me a smile. "Have you been keeping Mommy busy?" He asked Sophia.

"Yep." Sophia nodded, giggling.

"Hey." Rocky smiled at me, leaning over to kiss my forehead lightly as he walked to the island.

"Hi. How was practise?" I asked him as I finished drying the last plate.

Rocky sat Sophia on the top of the island and held onto her to stop her from falling. "Good, we sorted out our set lists and practised some of the newer songs."

"Very productive." I chuckled, nodding my head.

"And what has my favourite little girl been doing today?" Rocky asked Sophia, tickling her stomach and making her giggle.

"Me and Mommy watched TV and I coloured and now we made cookies!" Sophia beamed, pointing her tiny little finger at the oven.

"Am I allowed to have one of these amazing cookies when they're ready?" He asked Sophia.

Sophia pretended to think for a minute before nodding, making us both laugh.

"Soph, why don't you go wash your hands in the bathroom? Then we can eat the cookies because I think they're just about done." I smiled at my daughter, who nodded and let Rocky lift her off of the island before running down the hall.

I turned around to finish putting everything we used away until I felt arms go around me from behind and a kiss being placed on my cheek.

"Hi." Rocky smirked against my neck.

"Hi." I spin around and leant again the counter, looking up at him.

"I haven't seen you properly for days." Rocky pouted, placing a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "I've been really busy with work lately, I'm sorry."