Chapter 7

Gavin had found himself at a small cabin hidden by thick foliage. The truck that was now empty of the two men, and Michael was sitting beside the cabin. The building itself was not very large, from the outside, it looked like everything would be crammed inside quite tightly.

Gavin moved away from the tree he was hiding behind, and quietly made his way over to one of the side windows. He was thankful it didn't seem like any windows had blinds. He peeked into the window, scanning the room, trying to find Michael or the men inside. It didn't take him long to notice the big cage sitting in the middle of what looked like a living room. He couldn't make out a proper shape, but he knew it was Michael in that cage by the color of the animals fur. His eyes drifted to the trap that sat closed next to the cage, covered in blood.

Gavin went through ideas in his head of how to get Michael out. Before he could come up with a solid plan however, his hair was grabbed roughly as he was pulled to his feet. He looked at the man grabbing him through a squinted eye, it was the one he knew of as Nick.

"What the fuck are you doing here kid." Nick growled, "don't you know it isn't nice to spy in on someone else's home." Gavin wouldn't exactly call this place a home.

"I-I'm sorry, I was lost and l-looking for help," Gavin gritted his teeth when Nick tightened his grip. He then fell to the ground when the man suddenly let go of his hair. He reached back to rub his skull, while looking up at Nick who's glare seemed to lighten up slightly.

"Stand up. I'll guide you out of the forest then." Nick grumbled, starting to walk towards his truck.

"W-wait!" Gavin said with a raised voice, Nick stopping and looking back at Gav, who was still sitting on the floor. "What was that inside? In the cage..." Being caught didn't leave Gavin many more options to save Michael. If he was walked out of the forest, he may not get back in time.

"That is none of your business kid." Nick practically spat the last word.

"Can I get a closer look? I won't tell anybody I swear!" Gavin pleaded, finally standing up. He was never that good of an actor, but he was hoping his act was working. Nick didn't seem to react much, his expression stayed the same, though he looked to be mulling it over.

"Fine. But only for a minute." Nick gave in, Gavin gave a wide, fake smile. He walked in long strides to catch up to Nick, before the two of them went inside. Gavin surveyed the room, and was happy he didn't see the other man around at all. "Don't get to close, he bites. I don't want to be responsible if you get hurt." Nick said, closing the door behind him. Gavin only nodded in response as he walked closer to the cage.

Michael's ears perked up, hearing footsteps closing in on him. His head shot up as he flared his teeth towards whoever it was entering his space. Gavin stopped quickly, and almost took a step back at Michael's sudden show of aggression. However he stood firm, he knew Michael wouldn't hurt him.

As soon as Michael noticed it was Gavin, he stopped snarling at the lad, as his ears perked high in shock. "Gavin, what are you doing here!?" Michael yelled. Though Gavin knew he couldn't answer due to Nick standing behind him, and the inability to talk with telepathy, he gave Michael a confident look. "You idiot, I didn't ask to be saved. You should have just left, you are in danger here..." Michael's voice trailed off as his ears sat back against his head, and his eyes showed sadness and worry.

"Alright kid, times up lets go." Gavin nodded and started to follow the man out. When Nick was at the door frame, Gavin quickly shoved him the rest of the way out and shut the door. He locked it, running to grab a nearby wooden chair and prop it against the door handle to prevent it from opening. "You fucker, open this door!" Nick yelled from the other side, banging and kicking the door trying to get it open.