Erroneous

Fuji froze the minute he spotted Ryoma's brother behind their captain and coach. Sure he wanted to talk to Ryoga about the next step to take, but not this soon! Fuji still had not organized his thoughts enough; he was not ready to see how Ryoma's brother will react to his reckless behavior. He especially didn't know if Ryoga would want to talk to him once he sees Ryoma won't even go near him anymore.

Fuji kept his eyes on Ryoga even when Tezuka called the regulars to attention. He never looked away when Ryuzaki introduced the older teen as a son of her old student and during the millions of questions from his fellow teammates about Ryoga's relation to their youngest upon hearing the similar last name. Fuji noticed that Ryoga was subtly trying to get Ryoma's attention whenever he could and knew the exact moment the older brother realized Ryoma wouldn't acknowledge him.

Not good, Ryoga seems genuinely concerned.

When Ryoga finally made eye contact with Fuji, he tried his hardest to appear as if nothing was wrong. However, based on Ryoga's narrowed eyes of suspicion, it seems like Fuji was more worried than he first thought. Crap!

-

-

-

-

Ryoga had decided to set up matches for the regulars to gauge their abilities. He had never seen the team play before, so he had no idea how to train them all correctly. After seeing each of them play Ryoga hummed and nodded to himself. He clapped his hands and gathered the regulars together for an announcement.

"Now, I've decided to have you all go through the same training my father had chibisuke and I go through."

Ryoma paled and clicked his tongue. "Your kidding."

Ryoga smirked. "Nope." he said popping the 'p' more than necessary. "Ryuzaki-sensei probably had you guys do something similar before since she was the person who taught it to our father. There will be three different colored cones, and the goal is to hit the corresponding colored tennis ball to the right cone. However, the catch is that you will be using a stick instead of a racket. You must do this 100 time consecutively without messing up to complete this exercise. If you mess up at any point, you must run a lap around the entire campus."

Inui's eyes glinted. "Shall I prepare some of my special Inui juice again for those that mess up, Ryoga-san?"

Ryoma's eyes widened. "Aniki! Don't you dare!"

Ryoga looked confused at Ryoma's shout and turned to Tezuka. "I have no idea what he is talking about, so I will let you decide."

Tezuka shook his head. "10 laps around the school should be sufficient punishment."

All the regulars sans Fuji and Inui sighed in relief.

"Ryoga smiled. "Fair enough. Now the point of this is to improve your focus, accuracy, and power. Using a stick instead of a racket gives you limited range to hit the ball, you must hit it right and with enough strength to get it where you want it to go. Also if you mess up the laps will improve your stamina."

The regulars nodded, and Ryoma groaned.

"Good, Who wants to go first."

-

-

-

-

After each person completed the exercise, Tezuka, Fuji, and Ryoma being the only ones not to make any mistakes during the whole thing, Ryoga had them play matches against each other again. Because some messed up more than others, the exercise took longer than Ryoga was expecting. It didn't matter though because Ryoga was sure Ryuzaki will have him coach more now that she knows he's in town. So he only had time to do this training and not the other ones he wanted to try with the team as well. However during the matches, the team did notice some improvements in their movements, so time was not a complete waste in Ryoga's eyes. Once practice was over they all thanked Ryoga and made their way back to the clubroom to change out of their practice clothes. Everyone except Fuji because Ryoga had caught the tensai's eye and silently instructed the boy to stay behind. Momo who noticed this exchange frowned but still went back to the clubroom with the others.