Chapter IV

A/N: Hey there!! As the story progresses, you would end up seeing another side of Jack that you won't see often...

On to the story mateys.

Warning: Violence and Language

—-//—-

Jack sighed as he leaned on one of the trees near the castle. He realized that the whole castle grounds is bigger than he thought. It looks like it would take a long time for him to fully explore the place. Maybe a month or so. The place was really wide and green. He had an odd feeling towards the other parts of the castle grounds, especially the outermost part of the territory was covered with huge forests, something he found uncomfortable. It was surrounded by huge borders but he hasn't seen those borders yet. It must be farther from where he is. He heard from the others that the castle is located on top of a huge vast mountain, making him even more uncomfortable.

The captain runs his fingers through his hair as he brushes a stray lock of hair out of his face and placed it behind his ear. He glanced up at the castle. It was already nighttime but he could see the castle clearly due to his vampire eyesight. The castle was really huge and old just like during the old times, it looked pretty Ancient and Gothic with its dark colors, making it eerie during the nighttime especially with the bright full moon in the background. Jack wondered how old is the castle. Everything about it is old and ancient including the interior of the structure.

He also decided to go back inside the castle to take a slight break, Jack feels thirsty again anyway. Very thirsty. But not tired. He is a vampire after all. Vampires cannot get tired.

The pirate captain entered the castle through the large doors. His bloody throat is aching again, luckily he runs into one of the vampire servants who maintain the castle, he normally found it very difficult to deal with the presence of people working under people as slaves or servants but according to them the king is treating them kindly and without the king, they would be hunted by the mortals and be killed mercilessly. So Jack learned to accept it even he doesn't like it.

"Hey Captain Sparrow, is there something you need?" One of them asked him.

Surprisingly he became well acquainted with some of them especially the one talking to him. They are not his friends but just acquaintances. They also knew that he is a pirate but they don't seem to care. They never seem to forget to call him captain, which made his life here a bit easier.

"Aye, Gerard I need a huge bottle of fresh blood right now," Jack replied with a nod to the man called Gerard.

"Yes, sir!" Gerard, bowing.

The man disappeared for a minute then he came back with a huge jug of fresh blood in his hands and gave it to the pirate. Jack stared at the jug as he took it from the other vampire. The bottle oddly reminds him of rum. Rum...

He suddenly missed the taste of rum in his mouth. It made feel him empty and hollow inside. He stared at the bottle with a solemn expression. Too bad he can't drink it anymore. It was the price of becoming a vampire even it was purely accidental. The captain suddenly realized that he was already immortal but... He didn't have any choice this time since he was dying that night he was attacked. His jaw clenched as he pondered about what happened to him a few days ago. Especially that was the last night he tasted and drank rum as a mortal before he became what he is now a vampire.

"Captain?"

Jack quickly blinked out of his reverie and he turns to look at Gerard who gave him a concerned expression. He realized that he almost forgot that he is not alone in the hallway.

"What? Did you just say something? Can you please repeat it again?" The pirate asked him.

"Yes I did, I am sorry but you seem distracted sir. I was just asking if there is something else you need?"