Chapter 5 : Going Home, finally.

*[...] = Chara's Narration (Only Frisk can hear it)

« [...] » = Frisk 's dialogues

« *[...] » = Others's dialogues

[...] = Regular Narrator (aka me)

« [[...]] » = Frisk's actions in-battle

After buying some spider pastries (for spiders, by spiders, of spiders !), Frisk and Chara make their way through the Ruins, solving puzzles as they go, befriending random monsters, flirting with some lime gelatin. They also find a faded red ribbon, which Frisk equips.

*Faded Ribbon

*5 DEF

*If you're cuter, monsters won't hit you as hard.

Frisk then reaches the end of the Ruins, and discovers the magnificent city of Home. On the corner of the room, they find a toy knife which they decide not to take. After that, they entre what seems to be a garden, where a big leafless tree stands in front of a cozy little house.

As they step foward, Toriel comes out of the house. She mutters about something taking longer than she thought it would and tries to call Frisk before realizing they are already in the room.

"*How did you get here, my child ? Are you hurt ? There, there I will heal you. I should not have left you alone for so long. It was irresponsible to try to surprise you like this. Er... Well, I suppose I cannot hide it any longer. Come, small one !", she says before entering the house again.

Frisk saves just in front of the house.

*Seeing such a cute, tidy house in the Ruins fills you with dertermination.

Frisk enters the house. Toriel smiles at them warmly. A pleasant smell fills the air. Seems like Toriel has been baking.

"*Do you smell that ? Surprise ! It is a butterscotch-cinnamon pie."

"Yay !", Frisk cheers gleefully. Toriel chuckles.

"*I thought we might celebrate your arrival.", Toriel adds with a smile.

"Thank you !", Frisk replies, hugging her leg.

"*I want you to have a nice time living here. So I will hold off on snail pie tonight."

Frisk is filled with revulsion at the idea of a dish so disgusting. Who would even eat snails ? Was it some sort of weird french dish ?(Author's note :  you know all French people don't eat snails, right ? Just... making sure.) They sure hoped they would never have to try it.

"*Here, I have another surprise for you.", Toriel says before leaving the room.

Frisk follows her in the eastern corridor. They look around. They can see a few doors, some plants and some drawers. Toriel takes Frisk by the hand and they stop in front of a door.

"*This is it...", Toriel whispers quietly.

Frisk looks at the door, confused.

"*A room of your own ! I hope you like it !"

"... A room ? For me ?"

Toriel pats the kiddo's head affectionately. It's been such a long time since she last had someone around... It reminded her of the time when her own children were still alive, and she felt a little sad all of a sudden.

"*Um, is something burning ? Uh, make yourself at home !", Toriel says, before leaving the corridor, in an attempt to hide their sadness from Frisk.