14

TYSHEEM POV

Shannade gave out a raspy chuckle.

"Go ahead. Explain Shannon." Shannade said with an evil smirk on her face.

"I was going to when the time was right."

"I think it is now." I said.

"I said I'll explain when the time's right."

I got up. I took her hand then dragged her out the room.

"What? You put a lock on your vagina or something, huh?"

"Hold up, I'm tryna figure out when were we a thing. Don't talk to me like you own me. Yes, I took an oath to never let a nigga fuck I and my sister up. I put that on God, I put that on my dead mama and I was about to put it on my dead grandmama, okay." She semi-yelled, all up in my face.

"How am I the problem?"

"We're friends, then more than friends, we fucking, feelings get too strong then envy or hatred between my sister and me, then we slip up. We don't want the shit to happen. We only have each other." She said.

"So, I'm just gonna have to suppress these feelings burning inside?"

"You were right when you said that I feel the same way you feel but can't admit it. Shannade took the same oath and she's abiding by it better than me."

"You think you can keep with this 'promise' you made around me?" I asked, walking up to her.

"If you would stop walking up to me like that." She placed her hand on my chest, looking down.

We both walked into Shannade's room. She started chuckling.

"Would you mind leaving Shannade and I? We need to talk."

I left.

SHANNON POV

"Oh, you're falling in love." Shannade said

"I didn't say that-"

"Aye, listen. I ain't tryna hear all that. I'm sleepy, let me sleep. Now shut up." She turned around facing the wall.

2 weeks later

We all sat in the spacious living room. Shannade on her phone, Ty watching an NBA game and I sat down on my laptop until I got a call.

"You motherfuckers think you'll get away with this." The caller said.

"Eye for an eye nigga." I hung up.

Ty and Shannade looked at me strangely.

"Don't worry about it." I went back to my laptop.

"Shannon, may I talk to you right quick?" Shannade said.

I put my laptop aside and we head into the kitchen.