Chapter One

Genesis pov

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. After turning off my alarm I got up and began my morning hygiene. After finishing my morning hygiene I threw on one of the few pairs of jeans I owned with a yellow shirt and my grey converse, and i went downstairs.

When I got downstairs I saw my mom laying on the couch naked and asleep. Cigarettes buds and half empty alcohol bottles were everywhere. I picked up the cigarette buds and threw them away I was tempted to throw away the alcohol but I knew that wouldn't be a good idea consider what happen last time.

Flashback

"Bitch who told you to throw away my alcohol? Huh" Mom I'm sorry
I was just trying to hel- I cried as she beat me and kicked me " Who asked you for your help you little stupid bitch? Huh!?

"You are just like your father you ain't gone never be shit but a stupid little bitch."

Flashback over

My mother wasn't always that way. She used to be so loving and kind. You see my father died in Iraq when I was ten years old.

After my father died we weren't able to live the lifestyle my mother was accustom to so me and my mom had to move from an apartment in the garden district of New Orleans to the housing project in the 7th ward.

After that my mom pretty much started drinking and having sex with random men for money. She also uses the check every month that I get for my dad to support her drinking habit.

Anyways once I was done cleaning the cigarette up I made my way to the kitchen to start breakfast. When I looked in the refrigerator there was only bread and ham. We were out of eggs, so I just settle for a ham sandwich.

Once I was done with my sandwich I headed up stairs to watch a little Netflix. My favorite series is Grey's Anatomy. I was halfway through the season three episode when Dr. Burke asked Dr. Yang to marry him.

Then I got hungry so I went downstairs to make me a sandwich. I was almost to the kitchen when there was a knock on the door.

"Genesis get the door, I'm going upstairs to take a shower." Yes mama. When I open the door I saw a man in uniform he was a marine like my dad. He had his back turned to me so I tapped him on his shoulder and when he turned around he nearly took my breathe away he stood there 6'1 dark skinned complexion, light brown eyes , and the most juiciest lips I had ever seen.

I felt like I had died and went to heaven. And before i could say one word he kissed me.

Hey guys this is my first update let me know what you think. If you like it comments if you hate it still comment and let me know any suggestions remember guys this my first book so be nice