Chapter one

Chapter one
„Seriously Nat if you don't hurry up I'll really leave." I said for the umpteenth time. „We're already like 20 minutes late and I don't want to miss the plane!"

I was growing impatient with my sister's tardiness. I was finally going back to Avalon after four years of living in Ney York City and I was really anticipating this day for the past week like a small child waiting to open his gifts on Christmas day. I can't say it's not nice here, because I would be lying, but nothing is compared to the feeling of being home.

"Why are you shouting? It's too early for that" I heard her whining from the second story, just as she appeared at the top of the staircase struggling to hold her three huge suitcases.

„I honestly have no clue how you have so much luggage with you. I mean I'm a pop star and I have to be wearing different clothes and designer brands almost every day yet you managed to be carrying more," I said baffled while hurrying up the stairs to help her.

We got all of our stuff out on the front porch and I turned to lock the front door just as the cab that was driving us to the airport arrived. As soon as we got the bags into the cab's trunk we entered the car and closed the doors behind us hastily so we don't waste any more time than we already had.

„Are you excited?" I asked Nat with a lopsided grin on my face that I couldn't seem to wipe of my face.

„Excited for what?" She asked giving me sideway glance and focusing back on her phone probably texting Rita her longtime best friend.

„For going back?" I replied letting a low chuckle loose. For someone with a GPA of 4.5 she surely wasn't the brightest person out there.

„Yeah, yeah I am" Nat said waving her hand dismissively.

20 minutes later and we were already in the airport at the check-in counter.

„Come on; let's get something from Starbucks for breakfast before we get on the plane." I told Nat just as our last bag was on the belt.

****

„Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Long Beach Airport. Local time is 2:46 in the afternoon and the weather is..." the flight attendance announced when we were landing through the speakers, but I soon blocked her voice out trying to wake Nat up. She's really a sound sleeper.

„Nat. We landed. Wake up" I said trying to rouse her, but was met with soft snoring.

I tried again, but she wouldn't budge so I resorted to shaking her shoulders profusely till she finally woke up.

After 5 excruciatingly long hours I just wanted to go to my room and rest. I didn't get any sleep on the plane and as soon as we were allowed to take of our seat belts Natalia was asleep and I had already watched all of the movies on the plane so I didn't have anything to do. After playing Paper Toss on my phone for an hour and then reading all of my fan mail that I haven't had the time for I just wanted to collapse on my bed.

We exited the plane as soon as we took out our carryon bags and headed straight to customs. After checking our passports, we went to baggage claim and waited for our bags.

I went and got us two luggage trolleys and pushed one towards Natalie

„You'll need that one with all your bags" I joked around but she did not look so amused as I did.

„Thanks Jake." She said with a glare on her face. „And for the record we're staying for three months. Three whole months about 12 weeks or something. You know how many clothes I need?"

I was about to answer when she cut me off „A lot, that's how much. I need a ton of clothes,

for each day an outfit or if we go to the beach and- "