Chapter 3

We walked onto the throne room, Zoë and I, in our wolf forms. "Daughter, where is Perseus?" Zeus asked calmly. "I'm right here." I said. "I'm the giant black wolf." I added. "You're not my son." Poseidon said. Sighing, I changed back. "You were saying, dad?" I replied. "Who's the mutt?" Ares asked, pissing me off. Snarling, I literally knocked Ares off his throne, and on his ass. "IF YOU EVER SPEAK ABOUT HER AGAIN, I WILL RIP YOUR HEART OUT!! NOW, APOLOGIZE!!" I said. "Apologize to Zoë." he gulped and apologized. After Ares apologized to Zoë, she changed back and kissed me on the cheek. This earned a snarl from Athena. "How dare you cheat on my daughter!" she said. "Your daughter cheated on me! It's literally impossible for me to be disloyal, Athena. Iotchti are bound by loyalty." "You're also speaking to a king. The Jackson line is a royal one. Each Jackson can choose his/her king/queen. The authority is split between king and queen. Unlike most societies, in ours, abuse is a crime punishable by death. As it has been since our rule began." I said. "What do you 'our rule'?" Artemis asked. "By 'our rule', he means the queen and king's rule." "If Annabeth hadn't cheated on him, she'd be queen." "She already knew about me. She was the only one I told." I added. "Now if that's all, we should probably head to CHB." Zoë said. "Yes ma'am." I said.

When we arrived at camp, I was giving Zoë a piggyback ride, because she was getting sleepy, so before she fell asleep on the way. Anyway as soon as I got there I walked into the Big House. To say everyone was surprised would be an understatement. "Percy my boy, is that you?" Chiron asked. "Are we there yet?" Zoë asked sleepily. "Yes, love, we're there." I said. "What's he doing here?" an Athenian camper asked. "To help you beat Gaea. What else?" I answered. "You're nothing. I bet I could beat you. Arena five minutes sword to sword." "Who are you?" I asked. "Jack, favorite son of Poseidon." "Deal!" Zoë said. "Zoë, what're you-" she cut me off with a kiss. "I'll be when you get back. Besides, I have a surprise for you." she said.